Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

amherst, nh car show meet

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by NEK5, Apr 27, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

anyone going????this would be the second time i would miss a car show because i had to work early but not this time...i`m going to make up an excuse tonight for why i need to come in late on sunday:D

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Go early!!..

I used to sell parts there with my older brother for many years!...you'd best get there at sunrise,because by 10 am,the place is about empty--all the serious "shoppers" get there before dawn,and are out of there early as well..
    We used to stay until noontime,but by then 90% of the dealers had already packed up and gone home..

I'd like to go to Amherst--actually,I have quite a few things I possibly could sell,like a 500 caddy motor and TH400,my 79 C10,and countless other things..but its a gamble whether I could get a space(they only sell "season" passes now,but will somtimes sneak you into a spot if there is room,for 30 bucks or so)..but another big swap meet is coming up on mothers day in Mansfeild Ma,only 10 miles away..Amherst is 78 miles each way from my house..:doah: --by the time I pay for admission,gas,etc..I've blown 100 bucks already....(and I dont have 100 bucks!)..:( --so I'll probably not go..
    no money= no fun...:frown1:

Hope you score some good deals there..I rarely came home empty handed when I went each month,and got some super buys on stuff...like a holley aluminum intake and a carter AFB carb for 40 bucks for a 350..all I did was bolt it on,ran great!..:D ...hope the weather is good--april can be chilly up there,seen snow a few years in april there..might be wise to wear long johns!..:crazy:

3. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wait, who, what, where, when, why, how?

4. NEK5

amherst,nh on sunday morning

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

damn, can't make it. Cousin's confirmation

6. NEK5

well we didnt make out to bad...i got rockers for my truck but when i found them i got them for 40 for the pair from a GoodMark vendor and wasnt going to bother because i figured i could get them of JCW or LMC cheaper so i walk away but end up going back and figured i could save on shipping so i grabbed them....well 30 mins later we met up with some guys (one of which sold me the blazer) and he was talking to a guy he knows that just happend to have the pair of rockers that he wouldve gave to me!!DOHHH!!!! oh well at least i got em....but my buddy got a few good deals.....louvers for his 80 TA for 10$, moon visor for 5$(that he found out didnt fit),and all 4 shocks and a spare steering arm for his lift kit for 20$