Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amigos 4th Annual Thanksgiving Parker Run

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Oct 30, 2005.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Okie Dokie,

It’s that time of year again, time for the 4th Annual Amigos Parker, AZ Thanksgiving Run.

The date: November 24th Thursday through November 27th Sunday.

The place: Parker, AZ.

Wheeling type: The wheeling is Parker is awesome, but not for the weak body guys. This place has some great wheeling, but if you like your sheetmetal, bring a motorcycle, the trails in Parker will flat out tear up a full size blazer, especially the ones we run. There are some milder trails, but I don’t know where they are?

The trails are tight and rocky, and have lots of small waterfall/ledges on them. There is always damage and breakage at Parker; it’s just a matter of who is going to break. :haha:

On a side not, this is one of the best trips we take every year, we always leave Parker with a great trip under our belts. This place is a blast and it’s hard not to have a great time here. On Thursday we do the whole turkey thing, last year we rotiserised a huge turkey and had stuffing, gravy and the whole thing, it was awesome!!!!! :bow:

The camping is awesome no matter where we are, its great fun for the kids, and the adults. Fishing for the kids, Christmas boat parade every year along the water and the kids can run and roam safely. The cost to camp is somewhere between 14 to 18 dollars a night. Plenty to do for the women who don’t want to wheel every day, town is not far away.

The weather this time of year is absolutely AMAZING. Cool in the nights, enough for a fire, and nice in the days, tee shirts and light jackets.

If there is any trip to go on, this is it. It’s one of the best times we have all year, and always talk about it for months after.

The tow or the drive to Parker is sweet, if you are thinking about towing, there are almost no hills to get there, and it’s just about flat. It takes about 3 to 3.5 hours to get there and from the valley is real easy.

Don’t miss this trip!

To all reading this post, I am going to say this again about the trails in Parker, THEY ARE NOT FOR THE WEAK OF STOMACH IF YOU LIKE YOUR SHEETMETAL! :doah: These trails will flat out tear up your sheetmetal. I’m not trying to scare you away, the trip is still fun, but just understand there is no way to stay out of the body on this trip!

If you don’t want to trash your truck, then come and hang out and watch, for find an extra seat with someone, or walk and hang out. Just don’t expect easier trails with no body damage.

The camping spot is to be announced after I talk with the campgrounds and see what kind of space is available. There is usually not a problem. Camping is on a first come first serve basis in Parker, they do not take reservations.

So here is what you have to do if you are thinking of attending this trip.

POST UP YOUR INTENTIONS, IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THAT I UNDERSTAND WHO ALL IS ATTENDING, AS IT WILL EFFECT THE CAMPSPOT AND SUCH. SO IF YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO ATTEND POST UP WHEN YOU ARE ARRIVING AND HOW YOU ARE CAMPING, TENT MOTORHOME, POPUP….

See you all in Parker!!!! :D :D

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

As much as I really want to attend just to camp and watch , I won't be able to make it this time .

I do have to do the family thing for Thanksgiving , and will work Saturday a half day .

Please do another in the spring :bow:

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Rob is right. This trip is one of the best trips there is. Wheeling is awesome but damaging. I only took my truck on one trail last year because I was still body concious then and I still took damage. Myself and Matt showed up on the 2nd day of the run last year to find Fred using a winch to pull out different portions of body panels so he could open his hood. This is the run that signalled the end of Matt's body and lead to what he has now. To get his doors to go back on at the end of the weekend we had to use sledgehammers and a winch to get his fenders out of the way.

I am truely sad that I couldn't make it down to Parker for Thanksgiving this year. I was going to fly in and ride with Matt but work has called on me to go out of town to North Dakota for 3 months. I chose to go up to North Dakota so I could make the extra money and be able to afford to buy a Dodge Cummins so I can hopefully tow my truck down to Parker for a run over Spring Break in March.

I have been to both Parker and Moab and honestly I would rather run Parker if I had the choice. If you are on the fence about going to Parker I would highly encourage you to go. It is well worth it even if you have to bum a seat.

Harley

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am going (duh) camping in a tent, and will get there late thursday (around 9-10PM) again The GF has to work so it will be just me.

PS I got my doors on today :flipoff: They look like junk but work and keep most of the weather out. :crazy:

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Harley,

Matt told me last time we were talking, that you were going to be out of town for Parker this year. Dude that totally sucks, but I understand.

Save your money like you are doing, and get youself a tow rig, smart decision. They you can wheel the snot out of your $hit, and not worry about it.

Debbie and the kids send there love. It's just not the same without you around here anymore. :(

Hang in there and do what you have to do, nothing wrong with it. There will be lot's of time in your life to wheel, we are not going anywhere.

Rob

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Rob, about 15 to 20 minutes north out of Parker just south of Lake Havasu is Standard Wash there is alot of wheeling out there for the sheet metal conscious wheelers and the not so sheet metal conscious. Also they could take Ciennega Springs Road there is any type of wheeling you want out there. Off of AZ 95 just south of Bill McWilliams River there is a BLM road that has some great off roading that the Havasu 4 Wheelers use but I believe it is still closed from the rain we had not too long ago(I'll double check on the way home and see if it is still closed). Last but not least if you take Cienniga Springs road out there is the Desert Bar which is an awesome place to stop get some food and frosty cold beverages. :D

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Not gonna make it either, would have liked to go just for the camping with you all, but just can't this year, hopefully by this time next year though, i will have the LWB thingy mabopper rig runnin and capable..

have fun, and take plenty of pics please :D

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The wheeling we do is off one of the roads that runs out to the Desert Bar. The trails they usually hit are Rio Lobo, True Grit, Deliverance, and Presidents Choice. They are all pretty heavy trails. True Grit is about the lightest it still gave me a decent amount of damage. It is a 2 locker trail and if you don't have crossover you better be prepared for even heavier damage.

Harley

9. 73burban

73burban Registered Member

Damn, sounds like a blast! I am heading to the dunes for thanksgiving, but I am sure all of you will have a blast out there!

10. FWP

FWP CRS

I'll be leaving Wednesday morning, like we talked about tonight. Another fun one is in store- and NO, I mean zip, NADA, Nothing, 0 breakage :haha: Yeah, right :doah:

And should I bring another Turkey? :laugh:

11. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well I got a spare stub from brent today and my 40" MTR is in the shop. I think I will be bringing one of my extra spares (37" or 38" depending on room)

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well I got a little boared and made this up

To be read like the night before x-mas.

Twas the week before Parker and all through the land
    Every amigo was wrenching, or lending a hand.

The rigs have been packed
    The camping gear stowed
    The wives think they’ve cracked
    Or so I was told

The front axle is checked
    The bearings full of grease
    Ever spare part has been found
    Right down to the last piece

With chassis on trailer
    For those that can tow
    Some gloves and jackets
    For those that just go

All truggies and buggies ready to leave
    A jeep darts out in traffic
    To make room for the lead

Some towing car haulers
    Someone drags a hotel
    Other motorist to scream
    You all go to hell!!

After all of this work
    Now it is done
    On to parker we go
    For a weekend of fun

:D :D :D (kinda silly though :doah: )

13. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Also (this is not mine however)

"To thy trails we come, thy maintenance be done, in Garage, as it is on trail. Give us this day our daily drive, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass on us, and lead us not unto illegal closures, but deliver us from Sierra Clubbers, For thine is the clearance, the articulation, and the traction forever." Amen.

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Dude ..... you need to go back to 1/2 ton axles so you ain't got so much time.... :laugh:

This IS gonna be a fun trip! Funny tho how it looks to be mostly the core amigos going. :confused: Oh well.... Remember that's what started the whole amigo thing anyway!

Marv

15. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Okie Dokie, I am not going to make it to Parker :frown1: again I am going to miss out :(. Everybody have a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving.:)

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Ready to go. See you guys tomorrow (or Thurs for the late comers) :D

17. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Wich KOA are we staying at? Is it the same one as last year?

See you on thursday.

18. FWP

FWP CRS

KOA? You been sniffin' too much tire goo there Matt? :haha: Yeah, same as last year- Buckskin - River Island Unit

19. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Tire goo... Tell me about it. I have more raybestos aspestos (sp) in my lungs than the law should allow :crazy:.

The place has a shower and a chitter, so I would call it a KOA