Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AMOCO TRANS SHOP IN ARVADA

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevystepside, Mar 21, 2004.

1. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

i would like to let you guys know about the worst experence that i have had in a long time with a shop. my 700r4 trans went out last june on a trip to nebraska. welli was planning on rebuilding it myself. being that i have been a mechanic for over 15yrs. while we were towing the k5 with my 73 stepside form nebraska i had two rockers and two push rods fail. so under the circumstances i decided to just let amoco on Miller street in Arvada rebuild it and i will have a nationwide warranty. well the trans didnt last 5 months. they gave me the run around for 1 and half months. findly they warrantied the trans which took 2 fn months. so go to pick-up my k5 and the front windshield is busted. tom the owner basically said that they are not going to fix the window. so my advise to anyone that needs to have any kind of trans work done DO NOT USE THE AMMOCO TRANS SHOP IN ARVADA ON MILLER ST. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Dam I'm blue too SON OF A ----- MOTHER ------

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I was under the impression you were never supposed to use AMOCO... EVER! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    On the other hand, it sounds like his store should have a front windshield problem as well. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. chevystepside

that has crossed my mind also.

4. stock93

stock93 Registered Member

I had a problem with them leaving the rear transmission mounts off when they put a clutch in my S10 blazer. They also wouldnt warranty the clutch when it went out after a month with about 500 miles on it. They also left my front bolts off on my transfer skid plate which caused me a lot of problems when going over a log. I had to drive 2 miles out backwards. Needless to say I wont be going back to them.

John

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

2 miles out backwards /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that would have been harsh!

6. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

is that a typo error amoco, or is it a different company than aamco, because i had aamco build my turbo 350, that i
    beat the crap out of with a 454 and never had any problems,

7. chevystepside

yes it was a typo. the owner said that he has know doubt that it happened while it was at their shop. but they are not going to pay for it. i will mf the mf'ers every chance i get.they will never get a referal from me ever. the worst kind of advertisment is bad advertisment. i hope that any one needing any trans work DO NOT USE THE AAMOCO ON MILLER ST IN ARVADA COLORADO.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Threaten lawsuit, they'll kick out $90 for glass juts not to be hassled

9. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Yeah, call up Judge Judy or file in small claims court. They have an obligation to return the truck in the same condition you left it.

10. chevystepside

we filed a police report and had the officer show up at the shop before i left with my k5. so i have started the ball rolling with the start of a lawsuit. also going to call BBB and let them know what is going on that this shop.

11. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

You should park your truck right out front with a big sign saying they F*d you. Like when people put their lemon cars out in front of dealerships with signs on them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i had problems with aamaco here in virginia , they
    suck. tried to rip me off bad!!. i got my truck out of there
    and took it elsewhere. i wrote a long letter to the b.b.b
    and let them put this place on the bad review list. never
    did get my 56.00 back for the initial check , but i didnt
    lose the 1800.00 they were trying to f-me out of . they
    siad all these things were bad and broke , and all it
    was , was a problem with the tcc and the speedo sensor.

13. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    i would like to let you guys know about the worst experence that i have had in a long time with a shop. my 700r4 trans went out last june on a trip to nebraska. welli was planning on rebuilding it myself. being that i have been a mechanic for over 15yrs. while we were towing the k5 with my 73 stepside form nebraska i had two rockers and two push rods fail. so under the circumstances i decided to just let amoco on Miller street in Arvada rebuild it and i will have a nationwide warranty. well the trans didnt last 5 months. they gave me the run around for 1 and half months. findly they warrantied the trans which took 2 fn months. so go to pick-up my k5 and the front windshield is busted. tom the owner basically said that they are not going to fix the window. so my advise to anyone that needs to have any kind of trans work done DO NOT USE THE AMMOCO TRANS SHOP IN ARVADA ON MILLER ST. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Dam I'm blue too SON OF A ----- MOTHER ------

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I would also stay away from Cottman transmission chain. Forked me $350 to change the tranny cooler lines on my 78 K10 with TH350. I handed them the lines I had just bought from Inline Tube (all pre-bent and ready to go), so all it was was labor. I was going to do it myself as I have done them before (1 hour in the driveway). I was on my way to work in a snowstorm and the old line let go. My friend flat towed it to Cottman as I needed the truck to plow when I got out of work. I figured even if it cost me $80 bucks in labor, it would have been worth it to not have to take time off of work. In the process they broke my KickDown cable (less than 6 months old) and said it was old and brittle ([darn] liars), they broke my oil line going to the oil pressure gauge (mechanical guage) when they were working topside trying to change the kickdown cable, they left one cooler line loose, and they left some gear wrenches and screwdrivers on the cowl.

I have talked to others that have been to Cottmans in other cities with similar experiences. Just about everyone I talked to said they felt like they needed a jar of vaseline after walking out of one of their shops.