Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp and Subs with soft top

Discussion in 'Audio' started by FL84K5, Jan 16, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Is anyone running a sub and amps in their Blazer with a soft top? Where did you hide your amp and sub? I'd like to get a soft top but can't have a stereo without a sub :)

1984 K5 Blazer w/ 33" BFG All Terrains, 305, auto, no lift. 4" lift and 350 coming soon.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I run NO top in the summer, does that count? [​IMG]

I've got 4 amps and 2 sub cabinets. There is one amp under each seat (and I mean under the seat not bolted to the floor) and then two mounted vertically in the rear bedside area. The subs are also tucked into the bedside area too.....I used MDF, and then 3 coats of ployurethane sealer (inside and out) just in case they ever get wet.

The pictures are in my CK5 gallery below.

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

3. robinhood

robinhood Newbie

I have an IASCA SQ winning system in my K5 and I originally had all of the amplifiers mounted in the sidepanels in the rear of the truck with security screws. I run around all year round with the top off in sunny Arizona.
    no problems.

4. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

No problems with the amps overheating in the side panels? Do you have the carpet back on? What amps are you using? I currently have a 4 channel running my front speakers and sub and its too big to fit in the side panels. Did you build a custom box into the side or just a box sitting in the back cargo area? I really want to run a soft top, but am really worried about theft.

1984 K5 Blazer w/ 33" BFG All Terrains, 305, auto, no lift. 4" lift and 350 coming soon.