Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp Ideas

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Big Red, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

i just thought of suttin, there is a good 3-4 inches in between the front seats and the center console in my second gen Blaze. How would mounting 2 amps on the consoles' side be? too flimsy?(it is made out of thin plastic) what if i were to re-enforce the sides with 1/4? or 1/2" MDF? Just a thought, as running amps in the back (esepcially when my sub are gonna be right behind the seats like greg72's) will use up more wire and patch cable than necesary. Am i right in my way of thinking? or is the loss of signal and gain in resistance negligible? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif thx to whoomever answers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mount them on the inside of the console so they're out of sight.

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

you dont need to to use mdf i would suggest using sound damping and a metal sheet it would take up a lot less space and probably be stronger at that.
    king

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

It'd be a nice way to keep your arms warm.....! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

lol. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I personally plan to weld my amps in! They will have to steel the truck to get it and the chance of the truck having a driveshaft is never good in my case /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally plan to weld my amps in! They will have to steel the truck to get it and the chance of the truck having a driveshaft is never good in my case /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I hope you're joking......... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I personally plan to weld my amps in!

[/ QUOTE ] Can you say " I fried my amp(s) welding it/them in, then couldn't get them out." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

well, i just figured out a nice place for my amps. When i build my Sub Boxes (which will extend all teh way to the tailgate and house the 6x9's,; all seperated of course) I can place my amps (1 per side/Sub) right behind the subwoofers section, mounting a cap right behind the amp as well (feeding power to the cap then amp then sub) Im making the enclosures out of 3/4" MDF and seperating into sections using 3/4" MDF, covering them in carpet (black as im gonna change my interior to black) I have a schematic i made in BMP form, but ti takes a while to upload, so if ya'll wanna see it pm me and i'll e-mail it to u. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I hope to god ur not seriously thinking of welding them in place! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I am dead serious, my amp comes apart so I plan to weld the cover on to the side panel then slide the amp back in, redo the terminals and then bent the positioning tabs back into place and screw it back to gether.

or...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I planned on mounting it behind custome mdf sidepanels and since I never run the doors adding a vent near the door latch and running a 2-3 inch pipe for air flow /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

or.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just added a plate and blocked off my ac so now I could tuck it up under the dash where the ac crap used to be /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

then again I could just make a cage foe my amp and weld it around the amp, would bring the whole cool facter up a bit and maby I could chrome it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif bling /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif