Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp ignition wire

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Suffergauge, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Where on your fuse panel did you hook this wire into? I saw what I thought were 2 ignition slots on the panel. Should I find which one goes to the stereo and tap into that one?

Thanks,

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If your talking about the remote/lead wire (The wire that turns it on and off) conect to the stereo's power antena wire (Normally Blue), or hook it up to a toggel switch. (If to a toggel switch, remember to turn it off each tome ya shut the truck off).

3. Suffergauge

Right I am talking about the "on" wire. The one that goes to the battery is easy enough. So you are saying to the power antenna wire? I have never heard that before. Why wouldn't the manual say to do that? If anything I would think that it went to the ignition on wire or to an open slot of the fuse panel that got juice when the key was turned.

4. Suffergauge

I just found a remote "turn on" lead coming from the stereo. Would this work?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, that's the one you want. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The remote/lead wire on the stereo is also the power antenna wire. Same thing 9 out of 10 times.

6. Suffergauge

Well I have both so I picked the one that made the most sence to me. Now I have to find all those loose nuts, screws & bolts that I can now hear. It's friggin loud in there now! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif