Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp kicks off after vehicle start up!! WHY??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by keith, Nov 3, 2002.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Phase Linear amp, Kenwood radio. All has been fine until recently. After starting the vehicle the radio comes on then the amp. Runs for a few minutes then cuts off. Some times it doesn't cut off till I press a button on the radio. Loose connection or equipment going bad? All the wires at the amp are secure and tight.

2. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

just a thought maybe one of the speakers thats on the amp has a wire thats shorting and the low impedance is triping the amps protection circuit.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

At idle or running down the road? Some amps will power off if the voltage drops too low. My Fosgate running the subs in the car will do that. If the A/C or lights are on I'm drawing more current than the alternaotr can supply at Idle. Once I get over 1000rpm the Alternator can keep up.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the remote lead might be loose or getting bad.

5. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

I agree....Make sure that the blue wire that turns on your amp from your CD deck is hooked up correctly, The wire goes from the amp to the stereos harness, the blue wire is originally meant for a power antenna but it is also used for turning the amp on and off. Good luck!!

Marshall