Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp problems

Discussion in 'Audio' started by terrier72, Nov 12, 2005.

1. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I just got my amp hooked up and I have no sound. I was just wondering if any one knew the best way to check if the RCA inputs were getting a signal.
    Also the amp is getting power and the amp light is on, with the protetion light being off.
    Thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Is this for subs ?? Some headunits have subwoofer volume controle (Level). If RCA cables are connected on both ends, check setting at both headunit and amp. On the amp, there will be a gain setting, make sure that's not turned all the way down.

3. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I think the amp is blown, i hooked up another amp and it worked. Has anyone ever had a amp repaired? IS it worth it or should i just purchase another one, i only paid about 150 dollars.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Email the company that made it. It might be something very simple. Most companys will repair thier products.

5. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

never even thought about that thanks

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Had too send in a amp for repair a few years back. They charged $60.00 too look at it, and called me with a total repair cost. Deducted that $60.00 from the total cost. It was a $38.00 repair, so it only cost me the $60.00 + shipping.

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Depending on the amp....

I have had a few amps fixed. Depending on what amp you have, how old, and how attached your to the amp. If the warrenty is still good take it in and get it repaired. Expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $200 to have it repaired. I like the older amps and will have them repaired instead of most of the newer amp out their (but I'm an ol' fart)....

8. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

kicker just emailed me and told me to send them the amp, the average cost of repair was between 35 and 70 dollars. THey also gave it a 90 day warranty after repair.