Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AMP question, single solution power?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Racefreak, May 24, 2002.

1. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

OK, I have my amp choices narrowed down after quite a bit of research. Being the CHEAP BASTAGE I am, here's what I found.
    ADS 830X, factory refurbished by ADS in perfect condition for $270. Specs are below.
    http://www.adst.com/pages/adspdfs/830xmanual.pdf

I ALSO found a 2000 model Rockford Fosgate Punch 600A5 for $240.
    http://www.rockford.co.za/amplifiers.htm#Punch%20600a5

The ADS is an older model, and has a little less wattage it seems. BUT, if I ever wanted to add another sub I would have a free 120 watt channel. The Punch is a 5 channel only. It will be running 2 6.5's & 2 6X9's & an Audiobahn ported single 12. Ideas? THANKS!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd go with the ADS. I tend to avoid anything that has the name Rockford Fosgate printed on it. But that's just me.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Here's another data point for you.

I've got 4 a/d/s/ amps in my K5 and I LOVE them! They are built like tanks and sound great. I've got mine bridged to run in channel mode (200W x 2) for each pair of speakers.

See the pics in my sig below.

4. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

Thanks for all the replys, I feel the same way about ADS. I have seen the older (2000) Punch amps in action, & they are way sweet. Seeing your truck's system is pretty impressive as well Greg! I'm sure it sounds awesome. I really don't need an 8 channel amp to run 4 speakers and a ported 12". I'm TRYING to go cheap (LOL). I ordered the Punch on Thursday or Friday, but wasn't confirmed by the seller until last night. Right after I asked him about the ADS, funny. I asked about the Din cables & condition & haven't heard back as of yet. Luckily, if the RF is screwed up, he has an ADS monster. I need some speakers now! Maybe I will post a question.