Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp recharge?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Russell Keys, Jul 23, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I let a co-worker take an amp of mine to one of his friends to look at before I put it back in my blazer. It had been out in the weather for quite a while(top off) so I wanted it checked out before I re-installed it. He said that it wasn't bad inside but I should take it and have it recharged. What do you think he meant by recharge it? Also I was given an old Nakamichi crossover and was just wondering if they are any good? Thanks-Russell

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I think that guy is smoking crack. I've installed about a billion amps and I've never heard of anything like that. Was he just kidding around maybe? Anyways Nakamichi makes good stuff.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey , while they are recharging your amp, have them check out your blinker fuid.

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII being installed

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Tell that guy that you took your amp to the car audio place and they recharged your amp for free! Tell him it works great! It boosted your dbs like 25! Then tell him that he must have been on pot when he said that....maybe he meant battery...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    http://82Jimmy.coloradok5.com[url]

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I just thought of another idea. Maybe he heard someone talking about charging capacitors and he thought they were talking about amps. Just a guess. Either way he is still retarded.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad