Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp running down battery

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blazingboy, Mar 4, 2003.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

I am having trouble keeping my battery charged with my amp. It is a JBL 600.1. If I live it overnight without charging the battery it will run it down did I wire it up wrong it goes off with the radio. Could I put some kind of switch on it.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In the "remote" (On/Off) wire you can wire in a toggle switch to shut it off. Or you could just pull the fuce up by the batt. each night if all else fails.

3. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Ok, you ran the power for it straight from the battery and have the ground as short as possible to a good ground? The remote wire will hook up to the power antenna wire on the deck or some of the newer ones come with a amp power control wire. If so, it shouldn't be draining your battery unless your playing it for awhile with the engine off. Did you just install this and it start? Or have you installed a few more things at the same time like a deck or cb? It sounds like something got hooked up to a constant power source instead of a switched power source.