Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

amps to buy off ebay?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sandracer0004, Jan 3, 2004.

1. sandracer0004

sandracer0004 1/2 ton status

guys ive managed to blow all 3 of my amps and now i need new stereo equip? i see lots of stuff on ebay but not sure what to buy. any body have a clue as to whats good and whats not garbage in a 70-200w 2/4ch amp? i dont need anything fancy. just need some tunes!

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

JL and rockford make good amps. theres alot of others but these r the only ones i know

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You'll pay more for the name then anything else with Rockford Fosgate. I'd look into Soundstream, MMATS, Orion, Crossfire, ...ect. For subs, look into Class D amps.

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't let Z3PR get to you. Not all Rockford Fosgate is bad I have owned RF for over 4 year now and not had any problems. I say any name brand is good. I have even had some Boss amps that I had good luck with.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't let Z3PR get to you. Not all Rockford Fosgate is bad I have owned RF for over 4 year now and not had any problems. I say any name brand is good. I have even had some Boss amps that I had good luck with.

[/ QUOTE ] You must not understand what I ment. I didn't say RF are junk, I said you will spend more for the RF name. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my buddy has 3 crossfire amps for sale , he is removing the stereo in his s-10.

he had them on ebay with no offers
    "have three of these in my truck. I put them in when I was going to sell my truck. They have not been used much at all. The truck sat for sale for a few months. I have since decided to just finish the truck. I want front bags more than the boom. They are crossfire TEK752's. Specs can be seen at http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/im...EK%20Manual.pdf . I had 2 of these set up pushin 2 JL10W3's a piece and then 1 for the fronts and they all did great. All 3 for sale, $150 each SHIPPED."

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

unless you go with the Trans or the IX DMS amps they are the best out there for the money on ebay.