Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AMPS

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What ya like ???? I'm a big fan of MMATS. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

JL Audio, Alpine, Fosgate, etc.... i got expensive tastes... lol

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Expencive tastes ??? You pay for quility. Hell, look how much the MMATS cost. I just wish I could aford to put my dream system together /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Alpine for me too ! I loved the ones I had ! </font color>

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I like Concept amps

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> I've been lookingat a few as of late ...there are a lot of Amps that have stepped it up in the last couple of years and are now building better amps ! Great for the consumer ! </font color>

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm very pro MMATS. A couple of friends have had the baby D, after hearing them, I had to go buy one myself. http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/index.html /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I've heard good thing aboout Audiobaugh Amps and Speakers....But I'm still have RF... Had Orion, PPI, Alpine, Pioneer, MTX (when Orion made them for them) &amp; Secial Edition (PPI use to make them for a coupany)... Lived in AZ off and on for years and use to get great deals on amps.... But now everyone want an arm and a leg for broken amps even.....

9. wahbob

wahbob Registered Member

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif MMATS, Orion, JL, Precision Power /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

i've never really likes mmats....the jugernaughts slam really hard..but then again look how much your paying for em....my buddy had 2 mmats pro-cast 12's with a mmats class d amp with a box built to specs and it didnt knock nearly as hard as 2 RF hx2's 12's powered by a 800a2 rockford amp....its too much name for me...i'll just stick with mtx

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Pro Cast are entry level subs. If useing MMATS, it's gotta be Juggernauts. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I've sold it all in my years of installing, managing, and owning a shop. And for he money Crossfire can't be beat. Dollar for dollar there is no other brand that can touch it. I compete in DB Drag (pictures on my link bellow) and I run all Crossfire. I wouldn't touch Orion or PPI for free; with all the internal disrubtion after the bankrupcy and buyout you can't get anything done with them. I too like the MMATS and I like Macintosh, but for the money I'll stick with crossfire. My 171.3 w/ 1 15" is enough for me at this moment.

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I plan on trying Crossfire next system I build. It'll be awhile sence my life is up in the are at the momment, but I'll PM you when I'm ready

14. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Once you get someone to try Crossfire they will use it from then on, but not many people want to try it since they spend almost no money on advertising and people don't hear it as often as they do brands like pioneer and JL

15. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

I to like crossfire and know a few people using them, but after hooking up my mmats d300hc in place of a friends bmf1000d ill stick to mmats. I just cant wait to get my system in.

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Bozowise,

Does Crossfire have a web site? I have never heard of them.... Where are they located? What are their prices like... Spec's....Size(power &amp; Dia.)....

Thanks

17. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've ran MMATS in a couple vichiles and have no complaints other then blowing the [censored] out of subs like RF, MTX, JL,...ect. Treo Engineering works very well with the MMATS, so does DD. What you bumping ??? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

19. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

171.3 and I'll second the vote on DD they are the ONLY subs I would run over Crossfire BUT you are going to pay the money for them. Just like anything else in life.

20. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

I like Zapco myself. Im suprised that nobody has mentioned their name in this tread