Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amps

Discussion in 'Audio' started by istallion88k5, Aug 16, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Ok, I'm going to get another amp in my system just for my subs, I'm looking to get something that is stable enough to run 2 12" RF in parallel(4ohm) and eventually replacing them with 2 12" RF DVC. Local dealer suggested a RF Power Punch 360. It has been awhile since I bought a mid to high end amp, (currently I have a sony 404eqx 4 channel amp). I was going to get a Hifonics just because of my past exp with them but no dealers locally sell them. Is the RF 360 a good choice or should I look into another brand?

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

If your are looking for a subwoofer only amp I would recommend a Class D type. They are way more efficient than standard amps but are only good for low frequencies. Class D Amps are around 75%+ efficient as compare to the 40%-50% of stand car amplifiers. That means less heat and less current draw. I'm not familiar with the RF subs so I don't know what power range you are looking for. Here's some class D amps that I've heard nothing but good things about

MTX 250D(250 Watts)
    MTX 500D(500 Watts)
    Memphis 500D(500 Watts)
    Cadence A5HC(600 Watts)

All of those amps will push a wee bit more than rated power. I favor the Memphis amps though. I heard a 1000D on 3 L7 Square Solobarics the other day and it was absolutely amazing! They are relatively inexpensive and are chromed.. hehe Just thought I'd throw out my suggestion.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

3. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Memphis is one other option that I can get locally, I just have never known anyone who has had them so I have nothing to go buy but specs on it, but I am open to them.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

4. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status