Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Amp's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MudFrog, Sep 8, 2000.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Amp\'s

I'm looking at buying a second amp so I can run my SUB. My Q is where else can I mount it that is out of the way? Right now I have my CD Changer and AMP taking up all the space under the front seats. Has anyone replaced their rear panels with Plywood and mounted the amp on the inside so it is not visible? Would there be any drawbacks to this? I was hoping to redo my rear panels this month and install my 6x9"s and Sub in the rear panels. Just a thought although I think it would be good for security purposes too. What do ya'll think?

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: Amp\'s

As long as the amps are have good power and ground and they are able to disapate the somewhat, you shouldnt have a problem. Since they wont be getting any airflow, you will want to over compensate with the size of power and ground, this will just help the amp run more efficiently, also dont run the amp at a real low ohm load. Get an amp that can produce power without having to bridge it 2 ohm mono. Again this is so the amp runs efficiently. Hope this helps

[​IMG]