Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AN AUDIO QUESTION FOR THE PROS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzer, Feb 17, 2001.

1. balzer

balzer Registered Member

about 2 weeks ago i pulled out my amp, and speaker box, out of the back of my jimmy, so that i could have plenty of space when i tinted my windows. ever since then my radio has not been working but my cd player has, and tonight when i went to reinstall my speakers and amp, the amp was getting power but it wasnt coming on, like there was a bad connection in the remote wire, but i checked it and there wasnt. and when i put the remote wire to the power wire of my amp my radio tuner would work, and if i had the remote wire was hooked up to the amp and the power wire was hooked up to the amp and i put a jumper across it, the amp and subs would work and the radio would work but the amp would stay on all the time. somebody please shed a little light on my problem. i am running a jvc head unit and two jl audio subs powered by a coustic 700 watt amp. thanx

2. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Wrong forum for this, but I had the same thing happen when I was using the remote wire to try to turn on both my head and the amps. The amps should be flipped on by the power-antenna lead.

-Al.

3. blazercrazy

blazercrazy Registered Member

Maybe a bad ground?

Make sure your truck is the muddy one! [​IMG]