Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An email I received

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pauly383, Oct 13, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well my wife just sent me a good email :

I haven't decided honey , I was thinking 9mm , leaning towards the 40 . I don't need anything as big as what you want .

This is ongoing today , wifey and I are buying another pistol . I think we are gonna go looking Sunday :woot:

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

You and your wife shopping for a pistol together. How womantic!!;)

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Nice! I love it when my wife will even listen to me talk about them, much less care enough to have her own opinion.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

On the way home the other night, the wife informed me that she had been gun shopping...................................................

5. pauly383

What for , you won't clean it if she shoots it :wink1:

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Damn skippy. I've got a Craftsman Sawsall bag full of gun cleaning stuff, she shoots it, she cleans it............................................................

Wait a second, that sounds like a perfect movie title. Where's Tori Welles and Christy Canyon when you need them???????????????

7. pauly383

I betcha Christy Canyon looks like Christy Grand Canyon now :ignore:

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well, I'm unable to find any quick non-35% pics of her, but there appears to be a pretty current one of her up on Yahoo Image Search, of course in the buff. Looks better than what you would expect having been in the business that long, though she has some miles on her. I still wouldn't kick her out of bed and I don't think brown bag land has been reached yet........................

9. pauly383

Back on track . She is going to go get her CCW , but doesn't neccessarily want a Kel-Tec or a Kahr etc .

She is looking at Sigs , but what we have budgeted may put us in CZ75 compact territory . I like the CZ75 comapct .

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

My wife checked out a Kahr a long time ago and liked it. The other day, she checked out some Glocks, a Sig, and a Kimber. She's supposed to setup a range day to see which one she likes the best and that'll be the one she gets, except the Kimber of course:D

11. pauly383

I like the Kahr myself , and love what they are doing to the quality at Auto Ordnance , but outside of counter raping one , I have no experience with them .

Our family friend let us handle his Sig p239 , and I love it , save for the triggerguard . I like the triggerguard on the other Sigs better .

Glocks would be bad to me because I don't like the grip , but the wife has taken classes with them and is actually good . And the teardown is simmilar to my Sigma , save for the trigger .

I just wish she would want to get ME a 1911 and take the Sigma and put it in the car . I have almost 1000 rounds out the Sigma and I know it goes bang when asked .

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I really liked the Kahrs too but they were running $600+++ and that hurt. I also don't like Glock for the same reason; fine gun, just doesn't fit my hand. Is she totally opposed to wheel guns?? My wife loves the S&W ladysmiths and the airlites (sp?) and the little ones with bobbed hammers are nice for carry.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Not a Glock fan myself, but have been forced to carry a 35 for the last year and while I'm still leery of that whole "no-safety" thing they have going on, it's a fine shooting weapon.

14. pauly383

Mine has no safety , kind of like a revolver . mYou have to move it a certain amount with your finger before the trigger unlocks , pulls back , cocks the mechanism the rest of the way , and releases the sear .

So it won't go off unless you want it to , and a scared person at 2am can't fire it by shaking in their boots .

I have no problem with that , no levers to worry about , and your finger should be outside the triggerguard anyway unless you actually mean to fire it .

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The 35 has a light trigger, I think maybe 5lbs. It's a little lighter than my USP that I'm used to. It's just one of those little things I think about, kind of like that guy in "Hamburger Hill" that went off one day about all the stuff they had to remember:haha: