Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An Entertaining Day Today--Best Part At Bottom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I made a delivery and pulled out of the loading dock to close the swing doors on the trailer and noticed a vehicle in the driveway of the business next door. I thought this to be a bit odd as that establishment has a very large area that it could be parked in, but didn't think much more about it--UNTIL--I saw a short hispanic male carrying two bicycle rims (with no tires) running like he was on fire. The vehicle takes off as well. I then notice an old white guy chasing the little hispanic dude. I don't know the details, but the vehicle was his get-away van and he ran down the street trying to get his driver to stop and pick him up. The hispanic dude dropped the bicycle wheels in the parking lot across the street that he was running through and the old white guy didn't pick them up, so I'm not too sure of what preceeded the foot chase. Entertaining nonetheless.
    Then I got sent to Tempe to pick up a set of doubles from an establlishment that rents stuff to people (I have no idea what). I though, cool, it will have a nice large lot, hook the set and pull it out as a unit. I don't think I could have been further off base if I tried. The trailers were backed in in such a way that the nose of the trailers were about 18" from the fence (my mirror on the right side got adjusted by the razor wire during the extraction process). I got the set hooked, called dispatch, then got sent to Casa Grande (good windshield time).
    ---Now for the prize winner of the day---
    About two miles north of the Gila River bottom, I see something off right on the shoulder moving slow. I didn't think much of it until I was on top of it saying, out loud, "Holy focking sheet!!!!!"
    Here is what I saw:
    A 94ish Cadillac Sedan Deville (front wheel drive sedan) with a trailer hitch.
    Attached to the trailer hitch is a car dolly.
    Attached to the car dolly is a 95ish K1500 Suburban.
    Pretty good hey?? --Noooooooo--
    The Suburban had a trailer hitch...........
    Attached to the Suburban's trailer hitch was a car hauler........
    Riding on the car hauler was A CAR!!!!!!
    I will post it now:

[​IMG]

By the time I realized what I was seeing, it was too late to get the camera out. I contemplated pulling off at a rest area a few miles down the road, but I didn't know the status of the situation in Casa Grande as to how desperately needed my trailers were, so I had to press on. I had to tell someone what I just saw, so I called a buddy of mine and told him. The first thing out of his mouth was pertaining to the ethnic background of the driver of the Deville tow vehicle. I could only venture a guess as I didn't notice as I sailed by. The best part--the guy was trying to enter the traffic pattern doing about 15-20 mph.
    That was just the icing on the cake for another interesting day in the freight business.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Come on man, you know the rules....you gotta drive with a camera in one hand!!!!!:D

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that is funny. being on the road you get to see great stuff sometimes.:D