Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An FYI for planning EJS trail runs...

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by KAS, Feb 24, 2003.

1. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

Since so many folks seem to like running Pritchett Canyon or want to try it this year...keep in mind that Red Rocks 4 Wheelers plans to run it on Monday 4/14/02 at 8am. Looks like they'll be on Golden Spike and Moab Rim everyday. We need to get our trails chosen and try to work around the RR4W schedule since they take priority out there and we have to let them pass. Just a thought....but what do I know?...I'm just a girl /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: An FYI for planning trail runs...

[ QUOTE ]
    but what do I know?...I'm just a girl

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are on Golden Spike everyday? That sucks. Maybe we can get on the trail before them or something. Do they start at Poisen Spider and go out the other end? Maybe we could do the same and just beat them on the time.

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I thought this was open area.May be dumb ?? ,but,why do they have priority and is it like that all the time or just EJS time?I hate it when Jeeps and Toyotas tell me I can't run the same trails as them cause I drive GMC fullsize when half their drivetrain or more is GM. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought this was open area.May be dumb ?? ,but,why do they have priority and is it like that all the time or just EJS time?I hate it when Jeeps and Toyotas tell me I can't run the same trails as them cause I drive GMC fullsize when half their drivetrain or more is GM. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure but I believe that if they are the club that adopted that trail and they have a run every year on that date, they have priority.
    I don't know if it's a legal or a moral thing, but I will always yield to the person that takes care of the trail.
    Other than that it is first come first served.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Sandman

I have heard that there have been run in with the club during that week. They will basically block the trail and will stop for lunch and will not let others pass. Its my understanding thats its just easier to avoid it.

6. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

Red Rocks 4 Wheelers pay the dues to have "official" rallies out there and that gives them priority, plus, they're the reason all those trails really exist... they adopt and care for a lot of the trails. They can be buttheads about letting us pass them ...basically, they won't let anyone pass so it' just to best to plan around them. They have so many members show up that week that they break them into several groups on different trails each day, that's why we need to figure out when & where we need to be each morning in order to avoid them.

7. Sandman

How about Pritchett on Tuesday? It should still be early enough in the week that maybe traffic wont be that bad.

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I guess that makes sense.I've been going to the Tellico area for the Smokey Mtn Trek/Ventuer since 88.Southern FWD and the promoters of SMT have the same situation with a different attitude about it.They have done lots to open and keep open trails in the area,but,try to be more curtious to everyone using the trails.Noone has a priorty in their use and we have helped several indivduals with problems{stuck or broke}even though they weren't registered with the SMT ride through the years.I have been told I couldn't register or run with Jeep and Toyota events in the same area simply because I have a fullsize GMC.Toyota club from Nashville told me that trails were too tight for fullsize rigs to run and at the time I was a member of their club{not for long after that}.OOOH weelll ,Still planning to get out to Moab some time this year{I really hope}and look foreward to meeting some of you out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

Tuesday is probably ok, looks like RR4W will be on it on Monday and that's it.

10. Sandman

Ok, Hows this?

Sunday- Hells Revenge
    Monday- Lower and Upper Hellderaldo(?)
    Tuesday- Pritchet
    Wedsday- Golden spike
    Thursday- Open

My old man is showing up from Vegas on Wed, so I plan on running the whole trail through the Poisen spider and out the other end. So it might be a solo day for me if you guys run it backwards to the crack again.

11. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Tuesday's going to be a little busy in Pritchett. Or maybe a LOT busy.

12. Stephen

Hey Matt, that schedule looks familiar, did you get our letter?

13. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    OK, here is my deal. I'm not going to make it out there until Thurs. or if I'm really lucky Wed. I would really like to run with you guys but it sounds like your hitting all the good trails early. As for it being busy? Wait until you see there schedule! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    You might want to look at it first before commiting to a trail. So, are you ready to see it?
    Here it is- REDROCKERS EJS TRAIL LAYOUT
    I'm kinda glad I'm going later in the week /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, there is a whole lot less trails they are doing and many broken jeeps also helps keep the trails clear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.
    Stephen, I got your letter but I don't know how to reply when it ends on Wed.??? :
    I'll be there though.

14. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm kinda glad I'm going later in the week , there is a whole lot less trails they are doing

[/ QUOTE ]
    I take that back! Dam, they have all kinds of them jambed up. I guess I'll punt.
    Sunday and Monday look good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Sandman

I just did. Havnt faxed it back yet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty close! I'm not that big of a fan of Behind the Rocks but if thats where people are going than I'm in.

Why is Pritchet busy on Tuesday? EJS doesnt have it scheduled that day.

16. Stephen

I got wind of a magazine run that day. I guess they looked at the schedule like everyone else. Too bad EJS is such a big deal, 'wheeling at blazerbash time is a lot more fun. But overall we've had very few real problems, just some situations that require a bit of extra patience.