Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An introduction

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bluedevil, Apr 28, 2000.

1. Bluedevil

Bluedevil Newbie

Hello everyone I have found this site and have become addicted to the message forums. I would just like to introduce myself and say a good hello to every one. I am running a stock 89 with a 350 TBI. I get excited and dream about all the possible mods to come in the future. I also have a question. Does any body know were I can get a replacement tailgate cable? I just broke it today and havent really looked through any magazines or anything yet. If any one knows please let me know

Thanks

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Welcome.

You can find the cables on the LMC catalog. You can order one at http://www.lmctruck.com. I think they are $20 a pair. That's if you are talking about the cables that hang the tailgate when it's open.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Welcome Bluedevil to the best site on the net, and like Blazer79 said you should find the part you're looking for on the LMC catalog good luck.

keep blazin !!!

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

At the local Murray's they have a section with all kinds of weird stuff called "Help" on red tags...I got both cables for my Blazer there for 16.00

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Welcome, this is one of the best sites that i have ever come across, the family here is very friendly and helpful.
    I found my cables on a blazer at the wrecking yard in excellent condition for a buck each.
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Welcome and you sure found the right spot if you want to do upgrades. The people here will be more than willing to help out. Check your local NAPA for the cables or the local junkyard.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Like Eagle said, go to your local parts house, O'reily's, Autozone, Pep Girls. What ever. I got both mine there for about $15. Funny thing was, they were bigger and stronger than the factory's.

Kyle
    89K5