Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

an odd noise... any thoughts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr.LaHoyaSunset, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

OK, so while im driving, occasionally i hear a very distinct clicking noise coming from what i believe to be the rear of the truck. it is somewhat regular and occurs around 35mph, and above. It begins with the acceleration, and ceases when i take my foot off of the pedal, then begins again when i depress the pedal again.... then randomly goes away. I have lubed the U joints and leaf springs.
    Here is what my truck has.
    1979 Blazer K-5
    305 v8, 3.5 in skyjacker lift, with 32in bfg mud terrains.
    locking/unlocking front axle, and bulletproof xfer

any advice would be greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

What differential do you have in the rear, and what kind of axle is it?

-Dan

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I had the same noise in my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif after the new diff and regear was done on my 10 bolt... (yea i know i have a 14FF on the way) except it would be there when i let off the gas and go away when i stepped on the gas. after tear down it was determined that they did not replace the bearings for and they were bad. they put new bearings in and it went away. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

not sure if yours is anything like that, but just though i would offer my $.02

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

sounds to me like its either the bearings or a locker. my detroit makes a clunk whenever i let off the gas or give it gas.

NITRO