Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An odd question

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by POWERMAD, Jul 2, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Woke up today and was wandering around the yard and a car comes up the driveway, new spendy car, young couple in the front nicely dressed. My first thought was oh goody the God squad. She gets out and says hello we are doing a survey for Columbia county, Do you know any spanish speaking people?
    I just stand there lookin lost and she repeats the question. I say well we are in Northern Mexico. Now she is lookin lost and she says you don't know any?
    I point to the cattle and say those are cows not apple trees.
    She then says you don't know any in St. Helens?
    I tell her no but if she goes to the Mexican resturant at midnight there should be some fresh out of the river.
    She finaly leaves and the wife asks who was that, I tell her and she says they were at the house a week ago asking the same thing...
    She just told them to get off the property and not to come back.
    Just thought that was an odd thing to be asking people.
    If they come back I am going to have to see what that was all about.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

wierd.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok... I am less disturbed by the strange people with alien-like probes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (see southpark of you dont get that) then I am with your answers to her albeit odd questions...

What the [naughty word]? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cows not apple trees? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Cows not apple trees?

[/ QUOTE ]
    A lot of Hispanics in this area are into landscaping or harvesting, not cattle ranching. If you need to find a mexican dude, go to an orchard or find a guy mowing a lawn and chances are they'll know where to send you. I'm not trying to be racist or stereotypical, it's just that around here, that's the way it is.

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Hmm... Ok.

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Just stick with alien-like probes from now on K! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not trying to be racist or stereotypical, it's just that around here, that's the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a squad leader in the marines who was from WA and of mexican decent... when him and my team leader (also from WA) headed home my team leader went over to the guys house... very first thing my squad leaders mom did was give my TL a box full of apples. lol!!! it was funny/messed up cause we always teased the guy callin him an "apple picker" and stuff (always fun being in an environment where there arent any sniveling lil limp wristed thin-skinned types) and it turns out he really was an apple picker... whole family was. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j