Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An Untimely Demise

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

This bug has been flying around all night... It's like a little moth... a tiny thing... too big to be a Gnat... but too small to be a Moth... I don't know... Whatever... When I took over the rocking chair, abandoning the computer chair, I turned off the light in here... That's when the moth-like creature became attracted to my moniter. It landed right in the middle of the screen and decided to fall asleep or something... Every so often I would blow on it and watch it fly around in the light for a minute before landing on the screen to sleep again. Reproduce, sleep, I don't know what it was doing...

So I took my keyring Albertson's card and smashed it...... Now it lies dead, and partially squished on the lip of my moniter where the screen ends and the plastic begins.

I need to get some sleep, I'm way tired... So tired, in fact, that I don't want to get out of this rocking chair... I would be content with sleeping here, listening to music... but as long as there is a computer in front of me, I won't be sleeping... I'll be at CK5... :blush:

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You know, I was kind of attached to that bug. In the few short hours he spent with me, we got to know each other pretty well. Cornelius was a mighty fine man. Highly educated, but a little down on his luck. He was just looking for an escape from his nagging wife and five screaming children. He told them all he was going on a business trip. I felt for him. I had compassion. Until I killed him.

If I would kill someone I just met, who's to say I won't hit my cat with a keyring size Albertson's card... Sure it won't kill him, but it's the motivation behind the action that causes such great distress...

I wouldn't do that to my cat... I'm not an animal abuser... It's not illegal or immoral to kill a tiny moth-like creature. He was begging to die.

So long, and Klo Wurst (HOORAY for German!) to all of you.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

One word............DECAF............... :D

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Agreed... Decaf and SLEEP...

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Man, you're my kind of guy

I have a pet bucket at work, I need to introduce you to him. He eats bread

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status