Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

An update, just for shaggy!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, May 18, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Update 6/12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I now have a cage! It is about time, I still have to make a couple of the plates and bolt it down though, also after the paint job I have some serious over spray to remove frome the suspension and motor area, sadly I was a bit rushed and didn't tape off a few areas. I have a rear CV driveshaft in the mail "thanks to Gokartergo" on its way and I am getting a new windshield this week. Now I just need to find time to put it back together. Also I ordered "ZeroRates" for the front springs "thanks wakeboarder4x4" so they will now be level with the rear! The custom bumpers and the 4x4iron rear body armer kit I have are in the works next along with fuel injection. Then I take off the doors put on the tube doors and go wheelin /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I also just got xm radio, the reciever will be in my ashtray area with a "mail box style lock" so when I am on my way to blazer bash in October I have tunes in the middle of nowhere. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Um any advice for removing over spray from my just added herculiner? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Finished tail lights !
    [​IMG]

Prepped body for paint, stripped the blazer then painted it! The color is bright red pearl. I cant wait to start decorating the rocks with it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Herculiner, sanded all the way to bare metal to prep /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I finally finished the seat brackets and retro fitted them to bolt to newer Caravan seats.
    [​IMG]

I now have a roll cage too, still need to coat it though

And the best free mod..fender trim! Almost cried cutting up bran new fenders /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also now have a rear body armer kit from 4x4 iron, so I can protect tose stupid lights. I still need to go spray the hood and the inside of the doors and Monday I will bring it home!

Since I am a mobil detailer I also am having a custom sign painted on the tail gate... Also who thinks I should do flames? I am thinking no because the effort will go strait to the rocks. Blame "Marve springer" for that one, he jinxed me along time ago /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And just think.. this was me just 7 months ago!
    [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

"Can I fit 35's with a 4 inch lift and no triming" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Re: hmm....gues whats in here. Shaggy what ya think?

Looks pretty sporty there bud /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Is it driveable yet??

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ya man, That looks sweet. I like it. I thought the black was kinda cool, but the red is bright and stands out. Stucks that you are just going to leave swatches of pearl red paint on rocks all over AZ though.

I personally have opted not to paint my truck because I know it will just get more Arizona pinstriping and also some dings, dents, and full on bashing.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: hmm....guess whats in here. Shaggy what ya think?

damn that paint looks awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks pretty sporty there bud /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Is it driveable yet??

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just another thousand and I swear it will be done! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I think it's too pretty to wheel. Very nice

7. supersize75

oh, here we go again!

I was going to just but white enamel at 50.00 per gallon, I can across this urethane paint for 40.00 a gallon, it would usually cost between 300.00-500.00 a gallon! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I do not have a clear coat so I can touch it up, I also have 2 extra gallons I have tube doors so mine will be safe, and I have two extra fenders that were painted at the same time, so If I ruin one I have a spare sitting in storage!
    As for the rear, I have rock sliders and the 4x4 iron, rear side protection kit and planing on serious body armor back there too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's a nice looking paint job! My truck is in the garage getting paint right now too, total PITA since it's apparantly been painted 3 times and nobody ever removed the previous paint when it was redone, so there's alot that needs to be removed. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I'm finding lots of Bondo as well. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Looks sweet, you're gonna cry the first time you drop it on a rock though! </font>

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    and I have two extra fenders that were painted at the same time, so If I ruin one I have a spare sitting in storage!

[/ QUOTE ]
    i am doing the same when i paint mine i already have the fenders and the paint just need to do the body work first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. supersize75

11. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Wow, you must've been busy since I saw that thing last month. Looks good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was talking about the black color that your truck has been in the picks for the last months. I am just a fan of colors you don't really have to take care of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Damb, Thats comin along nicely! lookin good. Paint loks great!

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn man, that looks awesome, now i really can't wait to get mine done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Did you paint that yourself?

16. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Hey Shaggy, you got a touch on a good painter? I'm going to be in the market for a good basic paint job next summer aroundabouts...

18. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Looks oh so SWEET! I would hate to have to scratch it tho.

19. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thats sweet looking dude...wheres the Monster Garage flames at??

20. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you paint that yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. I had to learn first, I only painted the other 1/2 of it, The paint booth conditions were ruff and the hood got crap on it so I will be repainting it after awhile, the paint has some "fish eyes" in it, but I have less than 200.00 in materials and that includes the paint booth " I had hook up's!". I will tow it home tommarow, there was too much traffic lately " interesting breaks" so the guy is letting me wait.

I have been so busy! The rear 14 bolt disk are not grabbing so well and I am having a hard time with the whole break issue, I just don't know crap about breaks, any body in AZ...any body?

Thanks for the complements, it really means alot to this 18 year old and this website and the great people on here are to thank! I also cant wait to get the cage in!!!

All I have left is miner crap, cv rear and a new windshield....and xm radio, I am takin this to mexico this summer! Just imagin the looks I will get /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI just cant wait /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif