Had to be at home yesterday while the air conditioning was being worked on. Guys seemed very trustworthy so off to the barn I went. I got the heads back from the machine shop about 5 weeks ago and got them painted about 4 weeks ago. Have had very little free time. Last week I got the block surface all cleaned up and cleaned the tops of the pistons. Yesterday with the aid of my engine hoist I was able to get the heads back on the engine. A bear to do alone but the engine hoist definitely helped. Ended up with a couple scratches on the firewall but afraid that just couldn't be avoided. My clearance is just so terrible! Later that evening I escaped to the barn again and got all of the bolts placed in the passenger side head and they are ready to be torqued down. Started putting the driver side head bolts in and unfortunately find that I can't get the rear most head bolt in. It is hitting the cab in a big way. When I pulled the head, that bolt must have been still in the head. I don't think I can pull the head very easily and reinstall it with the bolt in that hole. After alot of thought last night, I have decided I will drill a hole through the cab to make an access hole to install that bolt and torque it. That area is parallel to the side of the engine and with the valve cover installed no one will ever see the hole. I will get a black rubber plug to cover the hole. Hate to do it this way but the only other option is to raise the cab from the frame about 3-4 inches to get that bolt installed. Torquing that bolt will be so much easier this way. Hopefully I will have a good post in a few days saying I have the motor fired up. This 454 better be worth all the problems it has caused!