Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anbody have a flatbed??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stomp, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

Just curious. I was thinking about making my truck a flatbed.

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Hey Stomp... You know I like being different and really have considered a flatbed.... mainly for usability and looks... not one of those stupid "flat" flatbeds but a off-road with purpose flt bed...

Let's design one and see how it works...

You got any good pictures?

3. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

I got some ideas. Most of my friends have jeeps and consider me the tow rig. I was thinking about a flatbed with a winch, tie down points to hold tool boxes, welders, that type of thing.

4. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I would start by putting a truck cab on a blazer frame. That would be a mostly bolt on. There are convertable kits available for trucks. US body source sell a fiberglass set up. Then a custom flat bed box with a tool boxes on the side. 20 gallon fuel cell up against the back of the cab. Mount the spare up there. Bobb it right after the rear shackles. Exocage the bed and everything like CAMO's old Toy off POR site. It would be killer. If I didn't have 2 kids I would have done it to my 75 instead of replacing the floors.

6. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I have 1 or 2 pics on my webpage, got my ideas offa yota (they have some goo ideas) and resurrection joe has a really good idea too---im getting ready to throw it all togather after i get all the bugs worked out on my front end.

Dan

7. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Ive got one on my 74 1 ton I will e-mail you some pics!I dont know how to post them so I will send you a few.If you know how to post them that would be really cool too.