Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

anbody know how to get discs off D44?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Apr 15, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I know I need to go buy a manual but the store is closed today. I really wanted to do this today. I am in the process of rebuilding a Dana 44. I need to get the discs off to go have them turned can anyone help soooooon!!!! LOL thanks

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>(1)Take the locking hub body off. It's held on by allen screws
    (2)Remove the large snap ring thats seated in the hub body (its a pain, you can use 2 small flathead screwdrivers but picks work the best)
    (3) remove the small c-clip that holds the axleshaft in the locking hub and remove the hub body (different husb may need more dissasembly)
    (4) Remove the outer bearing nut. You need a special socket for this. Remove the locking ring behind the outer nut, then remove the inner nut. Slide the wheelhub and rotor off in one peice being carefull not to drop the bearings.
    (5) Use a brass drift or hammer to hit the wheelstuds out of the hub and rotor. After the studs are removed, the wheel hub lifts off the rotor (you may need a little pursuasion from a hammer).

[​IMG]

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

TTHHHAAANNNKKK YYYOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Any other tips you want to give that I might want to know? I checked out your page, nice blazer and I will also be doing the rear discs. Thanks again!

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What kind of tips can you think of? </font color=blue>

[​IMG]