Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And another shackle flip question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by achim1000, May 5, 2004.

1. achim1000

achim1000 Registered Member

I have installed the 4" shackle flip on my ´92 Chevy C1500. Everything went fine, but I have one question:

I didn´t loosen the U-bolts that hold the axle to the springs, so I´m wondering if there will be a lot of stress on the drive shaft.

What do you think?

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

There's no need to loosen the u-bolts on the axle. There's a center pin located on the spring pack that fits in a hole on the spring perches, so the axle is always in the same position relative to the spring pack.

3. achim1000

achim1000 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    There's no need to loosen the u-bolts on the axle. There's a center pin located on the spring pack that fits in a hole on the spring perches, so the axle is always in the same position relative to the spring pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for answering! I didn´t expect an answer so quickly because it must be after midnight in the US!?

What happens if the drive shaft was moved front or back, does it allow a little movement?

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

shafts have to allow movement so the axles can articulate, how much depends on what type, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif