Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And finally... Pics of my new truck...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for: pictures of my new ride, and an official list of my plans for it so far /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's in really nice shape, there are a few scratches in the paint and a piece of trim on the driver side needs to be reglued. I'm going to replace the muffler, mine has a hole in it and makes a funny sound. Otherwise, it's in perfect shape.

It runs really well and is really clean inside, no rips or tears. It has tan interior and the cool lumbar support seats with power adjustment. It also has a sunroof which is a nice addition.

I was allowed to keep my rims and 31 inch tires, so I had them mounted on the 94. It looks alright for now, but eventually I want to get some chrome 15X8 Modular wheels.

Other plans are a 3 or 4 inch lift, brush guard, safari basket, and 32 or 33 inch tires. It might take a while to get all the stuff though, with a new monthly payment taking a nice chunk of my pay. I will probably be able to get a lift kit and maybe the new rims with my tax return though, so that will be out of the way soon.

Pics:

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/showownerpic.ten?u=9089&n=373123&pos=1&album=30074 <--- Stock

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/showownerpic.ten?u=9089&n=373124&pos=1&album=30074 <--- With rims and tires

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/showownerpic.ten?u=9089&n=373125&pos=1&album=30074 <--- Kenwood Deck

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/showownerpic.ten?u=9089&n=373126&pos=1&album=30074 <--- 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch subs and Boss amp

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/showownerpic.ten?u=9089&n=373127&pos=1&album=30074 <--- Passenger side pic

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oooops!

The page you requested, was not found.

It's possible you typed the address incorrectly, we are having problems with the site, or that the page no longer exists.

To try again, click this link:

http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/?~/showowner...=13&album=30074

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this message for all the links. Might try checking the link. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kris

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Linkie no workie /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Links do not work

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well darnit... all you chevy drivin maniacs can't click on a link right I guess /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I dunno what's up wit dat... folks at explorerforum.com can see them... oh well... Maybe I'll move a couple to here... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay I figured it out... try the links again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

They workie!

Nice truck! I like the black wheels! How long is gonna take you rip those running boards off? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Kris

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Gee, another one? You just didn't learn the 1st time, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif just kidding. Looks pretty straight.

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah black works, but Chrome is going to be much much much better I think /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They're not running boards, just a skirting... It goes down about and inch lower than the body... I'm still debating whether or not to keep them. They're plastic so I think they help prevent rusting in the area where I had a lot of rust on my 91... I guess I'll just see how it is after I lift it...

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ok i must say truck looks nice but isnt this a CHEVY site?

11. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    They're plastic so I think they help prevent rusting

[/ QUOTE ]Don't you mean they hold moisture at the mounting points and premote rusting. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Stickseler

I think I'm gona go join the exploder board...The wife did have one once after all....and post a bunch of stuff about my Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BTW nice truck /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What happened to the old X?

15. Stickseler

Mine?? It was an 03 SportTrac..not enough room so we got an 04 Caravan STX

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, sorry. Capman's

17. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

I like that color /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm a member at explorerforum.com... I actually copied and pasted this post from there /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Anyway... my 91 hit about 220,000 miles and started to run like it... plus the rust and the extreme ugliness... In a way I sort of liked the ugly part because I had no problem going to the woods and just beating the holy living [darn] out of it... But I kinda like having a nice SUV, because I don't go to the woods very often so I want a nice around town truck... My Explorer is very nice and is comfortable, just the right size... I did my homework before getting my first one, I turned down the Jeep Cherokee, the Chevy S-10 Blazer, and the Nissan Pathfinder before deciding on the Explorer... it's just the right size, not too big, not too small, it's got enough power, and all that other crap that I wanted...

Oh and the front brakes went out on my 91 about a week before I traded it in /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And finally... Pics of my new truck...

[/ QUOTE ]

So where's the truck? All I see there is a soccermom wannabe lil rollerskate type thing on four very small tires. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif