Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And my RTI score is.......

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Greg72, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif 822 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Assumptions:
    So Cal Big Dawgs ramp is a 30 degree ramp
    It is valid to add 12" to the measurement up the ramp to account for the fact that the ramp is "chopped off" at the very bottom.

For those of you that made it to the second "vertical" upright on the ramp, that's also your approximate score....add about 20 more points for 104" wheelbase vehicles (mine's 107 so I score a bit lower)

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

The ramp is actually a 23 degree ramp!

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Next time Greg I'll bring a longer tape measure.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Greg72

Keith,

Weird...I just re-did the calcs using 23 degrees, and the same 88 inches up the ramp and scored an almost identical 823!

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey greg you never said how the little misses took the body art on the blazer...or did you park it next to the fence really close ...HE HE HE...mike

6. Greg72

Mike,

I was going to wait and show her the video first....but had second thoughts about that.

Told her about it yesterday....she was kinda bummed that the truck got some "uglies" on it, but she wasn't mad. I'm sure she knows me well enough to understand that I won't be able to leave it looking like that for very long.....stuff like that bothers me. I'll probably bolt on a new fender and shoot some primer on it.

7. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear she wasn't upset I dont think my wife would be to happy with me ,I made the mistake of telling her I had to have our son get out when I thought I was going over on his side(you know one of those Ya don't need to tell looks...but my still is'nt one color yet maybe in the next couple of weeks and me and kylon will be in the garage for awhile..But my new doors are not going on till after final paint time (some year) I can dent these but the ones I got from grant are in really good shape..mike

8. Priest

Priest Registered Member

I don't want to hear what your ramp score is unless that ramp is a big ass rock.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Greg72

Priest,

I had enough "excitement" in the woods of Hollister over the weekend. A nice "safe" ramp test was a welcome change of pace..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif