Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

and now for my rant (long)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazinzuk, Aug 19, 2006.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had my neice and nephew living with us a while back, had them for a year while their Dad was in jail and their Mom wasn't fit to care for them (still on drugs). That was about 2 years back. Now their Dad meant a chick online, completely dropped everything in Idaho and gave away all his stuff to move to California, without a thought to his kids apparantly. Kids Mom freaked out cause she thought the kids were moving to Cali too, which was the plan, but not until school started. So she came and got the kids, thier Dad has full custody but lets their Mom see them and spend time with her, Well now my stupid bro in law (the Dad) has decided to let the kids stay with their Mom for the school year and he will have them in the summer. My wife is pretty darn sure their Mom is still on meth (we have notified the authorites in her town) and my mother and father in law are trying to get sole custody of the kids. They have been talking to a lawyer and are now trying to raise the money to do so.

This is messed up parents not caring enough about their kids to do anything for them. I am so pissed we worked hard with them (they were in first grade when we had them) and since we had them my nephews reading has not improved at all. My neice throws temper tantrums daily which she did before she lived with us and for the first two weeks she lived with us. My nephew feels like neither his Dad or Mom want or love him at all and so does my neice. My neice told my wife she doesn't want to go with her Mom but she will because she wants her Mom to know that she loves her. These poor kids have been shuffled around since they were born. Living with grandparents (on both sides) mostly but not really having a good parent figure at all. Not to toot my own horn but they behaved better when they lived with us and seemed to be happy most of the time (my nephew missed his Dad something fierce but we talked about it and it made him feel better)
    Anyway as a new Dad I am so mad at these poeple, to selfish and self involved to realize what they are doing is at best making their kids lives miserable and at worst damaging their emotional and mental states for life.

Anyway if my mother and father in law get custody we think they will come and live with us again. Hopefully we can get the money to do this, I will sell the blazer if I have to. They are great kids and deserve better. Anyway say a little prayer for these kids. Whatever happens they need a better life .

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck man. Unless the Mom gets busted or fails a drug test (if she is on probation for drug charges, call her probation officer and see how she has been doing) the courts normally give an actual parent custody. The easy way is to get the dad (full custody guy) to agree that it is in the best interest of the children and voluntarily give up custody.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Isn't complacency just grand? How they could not really give a hoot about their kids is beyond me. Keep fighting tooth and nail. If nuthin else take a trip out to California and knock some sense into "Dad" and make him sign over custody.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

sounds pretty familiar,,, wish I could have just said no and got on with my life, aint siblings grand... "Cut and run", are harsh sounding terms right now but they speak the truth...Sorry:o

5. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

That sucks, the system can suck also, but don't give up. Fight for those kids.

We went through it with my mess of a sister in law ( meth, for years & years) but at least the dad was cool and he got full cust. My wife & I wrote all kinds of letters to the courts to help the father get cust.

Hang in there,Cary

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I hate to say this but if any of my siblings ( I have 2) were drug addict methheads and ruining thier childrens lives , I would beat them within a 1" of their lives . It sucks when people abuse children . I'm glad you are trying to help the kid's . The mom just need's to go away and NEVER have contact . The dad needs to be beat for not caring for his kids . I hope it all works out well for the kids .

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the kind words guys. We have the cops watching the mother like a hawk since she has previous drug convictions if there is any suspicion the cops can bring her in for and test for drugs. My bro in law hasn't got wind of this yet but when he does he is either gonna straighten up or completely write off his kids which is kind of sad. I really hope we can get them.