Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And the year just keeps getting better!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Dec 6, 2005.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Well, after another thrilling episode of “Try and Kill The Fat Guy”, I gave it a serious try but came up short………again……:mad:

Needless to say, she bucked and headed west while I was still heading north….can you say “Ouch…..that hurts”…..:haha:

So, we got the first surgery done Friday night and the pins and black bar are holding it for now. I hope to have the re-construction done early next week….:o

Shattered both arm bones (at the socket), two wrist bones and ended up with my wrist about 3” up my arm…….it really looked weird…

They were able to save all the tendons and ligament.

The best part was when my wife came over, saw my wrist and immediately threw up….once she regained he composure, she then said (in typical woman sarcasm)”well, get up….i guess we’re going to the hospital…..and no, you’re not driving”……….Gotta love her!!

Here are some pic’s I thought you might enjoy…

s 003.jpg

s 007.jpg

s 006.jpg

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Wow, cool! :D So how did it happen? Quads?

That rig is called a "Hoffman Device", or at least the one I had was called that and looked like a slightly larger and more complicated one. I had 5 pins in my lower leg and 2 in the upper, run completely through, with that erector set frame going down both sides.

BTW, who the heck typed this, surely not you! :eek:

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Hey Dude you need to be kinder to yourself!!!!

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What the hell were you doin on the back of a horse? Better yet, what did you do to piss her off to start buckin?

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew.

So you're laid up for another 8 weeks I assume?

Well, now I guess we're gonna have to drive out there and slap some sense into ya.:haha:

5. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't ride your wife that hard man :p: :haha: j/k bro

Have a speedy recovery :)

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Looks like I should bring you a beer instead :D

Get well brother !

7. BadDog

So I guess it was actually a horse then? Must have been a rough ride. :eek:

8. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Memories:D I had the exact thing on my arm a few years back when I wrecked my quad. Good luck with the recovery.

9. teamhickman

yep, it was a horse. She gets ridden alot and is normally very calm. Hell, I just spent all day last sunday riding her and never had a problem. I don't know what scared her.....all i remember is saying "easy girl" and then sitting up and holding my wrist........

I just saw the Dr. and he won't do anything for another week, he wants the swelling to go down....:mad: this sucks!!! Having the pins in is a real pain in the ass, they get caught on everything, the slightest bump is transmitted directly to the bone and makes it hurt more...:(

***i showed my wife this thread and she got a good laugh from 84blazin comments but followed it up with "You guys are pigs"

10. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I hope your right handed seeing as its your left. I broke my right (dominate) arm ever try wiping your ass with your left?

Wait till they take the pins out extremly weird feeling! :crazy: And that thing on your arm is alot heavier than it looks too. I was going to keep mine but the Dr. gave me a sob story about them reusing it on kids in third world countries so I let them keep it:(

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hmm, 10 years ago when i was 15 i broke my right wrist... im right handed... on the 17th of Nov i had surgery on my right shoulder... i think i already said im right handed right? good thing is after about 5 days from surgery i was able to do most waht i could before hand. it was the 9 weekd in 2 casts for my wrist that SUCKED!!

yeah, wiping your a$$ with the off hand isnt fun at all. easier to just take a shower....:haha: :haha:
    Grant

12. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Heres Mine:D

arm.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm3.jpg

13. teamhickman

damnnn....!!!

was this post surgery? I'm hoping i will end up in a cast once the surgery is done. I hate these pins and bar!

Andrew

14. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Yup thats about 2 weeks after surgery I never had a cast at all they took that off after 6 weeks Man that was a weird feeling:crazy: . I didn't have much bone left to cast I litterally crushed my arm so I have mostly metal holding my arm together now:D

15. BadDog

Hehe, lots of fun. Cleaning the crust, betadine gell, and people turning pale at the sight of you. But don't complain too much. Mine was busted up so bad they would "tweak" little turn buckle deals on mine to "adjust" the relationship of the various pieces of what was supposed to be one bone and what not. And at one point, they gave me a local and used it to re-break a point that was starting to knit. Lots of fun, my mother passed out... Take care of those things, you don't want to have to do it again… (evil grin) ;)

16. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

Had that happen to us on a trail ride. Lead horse spooked for unknown reason and sent all of our horse runnin. The horse my father and sister were on threw them into the bushes. So did the horse our friend Kevin was riding. His ass landing on a tree stump and crack his tail bone. My horse decide to drag me through the roadside brush and ending looking like a retarded gorilla that fell from the tallest tree :crazy:

17. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

Remind me, NOT to break my wrist..

18. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

You just have to stay on the positive:D Like I use my left hand alot more even after a few years:laugh: , I got to shower with my wife for a few weeks everyday:eek1: And I scared a few little kids:haha:

19. teamhickman

LOL......I'm enjoying the wife and shower as well!!!!

20. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ah fok. This post needs to come with barf bags!!!

Is the horse now called Purina Dog Chow???