Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And then He/She Gave Me 'The Look'...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Oct 17, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

And then He/She Gave Me \'The Look\'...

That priceless look of disbelief... As if they might be saying to themselves, "Is this really happening or am I imagining things???"

One Example:

It's 1am. I'm towing my buddy with 'The Blue Racer' (another long story...) and he's driving a DOA '80 T-Bird that I bought for parts. We're towing with a rope (which was illegal at the time and place) in the dark, the rain is starting to freeze, and the T-Bird has no lights or power of its own. My buddy finally slams on the brakes and forces me to stop. He's crying because he can't see out the windshield which is starting to freeze over, and I'm going way too fast. Waaaaa. So I let him drive the tow vehicle and I piloted the 'Thunderbolt'... Turns out he wasn't as much of a wuss as I thought...

In any case, I ended up putting my head out the window so I could see where I was going. My hair and forehead froze over in the rain. We were eventually pulled over. The Officer approached the car, and I got out to go talk to him. He was already not real excited about our towing in adverse weather conditions, and when I walked up to him with my head frozen over he was completely speechless. I finally had to break the silence with my weak explanation... He was kind enough to let us off with several stern warnings, but I'll never forget the look on his face while he stood there with his mouth half-open, trying to decide whether to focus on my eyes or my frozen hair. Several times his mouth started to move like he had thought of what to say, but then he just stared at my forehead again. Priceless.

So I'd like to hear some other stories that involved similar looks from other people...

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Paul

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: And then He/She Gave Me \'The Look\'...

[ QUOTE ]
    So I'd like to hear some other stories that involved similar looks from other people...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there was that stripper in Honululu that said "Show me the money" and I replied, "Show me the tittie....................."

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Back in late '95/early '96, my younger, dumber, thinner, singler days, a particular cute girl told me that she wanted to go for a ride in my Camaro ('95 Z28 with some "stuff") because she liked to go fast. I told her to tell me when she started to get scared. She said not to worry, nobody had gone fast enough to scare her so far. Apparantly her limit was 135. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif She gave me quite a look, but it wasn't composed entirely of fear. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This happened years ago when I lived in Bishop, CA.

Having moved into a small house only 2 blocks away from the JW church, I fully expected a visit or two from them. Didn't happen till two days before I was to move out. The door bell rang. I opened it to find a well dressed lady with the "Watch Tower" rag in her hand. There was another lady (prolly a trainee) standing off the porch behind her. In my mind I was saying "Oh here it goes. They just couldn't let me go in peace". SO I said Hello and she started with this...

"Good Morning Sir! If you could have one wish granted in your whole life, what would it be?"

I thought for a second and replied....

"I would wish that people like you would go away and never come back!"

You should have seen the look on not only her face, but the look on the "trainee's" face also! The trainee even let out a yelp of sorts. Well she looked at me kinda wierd for a second and then turned without a word and left!

It was the kind of look you get when you checkmate someone and they never saw it coming... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

smasher, i know that look, from those people...when they used to go to my grandpas house, he would tell them "come inside and let me explain the physics of math to you and you'll see there's no more room in heaven with jehova for you"...never seen someone so dejected...

edit::its been 10 minutes since i posted, and the hovajova nitwits were just here..so i told him he could go away and i wouldnt be mad...new guy, wouldnt stop smiling...weird..
    end of edit..

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, there was that stripper in Honululu that said "Show me the money" and I replied, "Show me the tittie....................."

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, there was that stripper in Honululu that said "Show me the money" and I replied, "Show me the tittie....................." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, there was that stripper in Honululu that said "Show me the money" and I replied, "Show me the tittie....................." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... okay.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... okay.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha... the qote boxes are all screwed up... according to the code, I'm not writing this inside a quote box... but it's in one anyway /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. landsmasher

There... Fixed it.... I like the way Steve fixed the thing so it wouldn't string out to the right into oblivion... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Shee-it!!!!! I get looks like that from my wife on a daily basis. Half the time I'm not sure what I did to deserve them.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

OK, I'll go again. I have so many of these that I could write a book...

My buddy Darryll and I were stripping this old car, and we had the front end up in the air taking the front suspension off. I was under the front fender taking something loose, and I heard him start pounding on something inside the engine compartment. Pretty quick, I hear this 'Bang' and the next thing I know the lower control arm and spindle are crushed into the ground right between my legs, and I turn my head in time to see the front coil spring land about halfway down the block next to the street. It went right past my head. I almost lost my nuts AND my head in one fell swoop.

Darryll had taken the nuts off the upper control arm bolts and then, since all the tension on them from the spring and suspension wouldn't let them fall out, he hammered them through. I stood up and gave him 'The Look', and couldn't decide exactly how I wanted to kill him. While I was still in shock he ran around an locked himself in the car until I calmed down. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

That guy has tried to kill me more than any enemy ever has...

Paul

15. landsmasher

Sounds like his only responsiblilty should be cleaning the tools and getting the beer.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like his only responsibility should be cleaning the tools and getting the beer.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    i think i would agree with that /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

. . .she looked over and down. . . and then looked at my face with a smile of disbelief and awe. . .

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i was working on my truck. . .or trying to put the newly mounted tires on the rear. well, 8 lugs are hard to line up, but i figured it could go on easy enough to not need a jackstand. well, apparently my 120lbs of wheel and tire pushed over the truck- which sat on the two front wheels (put on without jackstands), one bottle jack, and one jackstand on the other side of the axle. . . i heard that scary, "oh sh!t, it's falling, but it's way too damn late to do a fawking thing about it" creaking. . . and sure enough, oh sh!t, it feel, and it was way to damn late to do a fawking thing about it" wheel well nailed my ass in the forehead (so that doesn't make sense if you think about, so what!). . . but here's the thing. . .if it hit me in the forehead, you know what that means? instead of pullin out, i turned around, and looked up, DOH! . . . damn that hurt- so glad it never happened in the month i went jackstandless entirely under truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i was young and dumb. . . errr. . . younger and dumber. . . anyway my friend looked at me. . . with that look - are you REALLY that stupid?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]