Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

And you thought you had good flex...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 15, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Bow down to the stock TrooperII!
    http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.php?ride_id=2071
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif]
    i guess its an IFS kinda thing..

[​IMG]

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Definatly an IFS thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah Isuzu stuff isnt that bad to work whith though. ON my luv i pulled the sway bars and added an upped ball-joint spacer and it netted me 8" of travel. I would do the same for the trooper but it has too much body roll whith the sway bar /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I had a 88 trooper. It did well for what it was. I have a guy that ran with out club that had a trooper on 35's and it has done stuff that a few other trucks (mine included) couldn't. It's been all over Tellico and draged out quite a few folks that gave it crap about being IFS. It's achilies heel was tierods. It loved snaping and bending them.

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

my toyota was pretty sorry with the swaybar, so i ditched it, and pulled the rear rollbar out, and actually LOWERED the torsion bars some because they were set too high..it flexed pretty well for ifs and only got me stuck once when i hit some ruts and found out i had a broken hub ($180 a side)...it crawled pretty good too for open/open!