Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anderson S.C 4WD NATIONALS

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by big k5, Jun 30, 2004.

1. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

Well we went to the nationals, as usual there were a ton of COOL trucks.We had a good time,but did;nt get to meet any fellow members. I did see some trucks from low country swampers (I think someone mentined that was thier club)
    My favorite were the REAL 4WD trucks not the super shiny ones. So did anybody else make it ? If you did what did you think of the nationals ?

2. augusta-k5

augusta-k5 Registered Member

I was able to make it there on sunday. First time watching the rock crawling in person. I thought it was worth the trip. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I didn't make it cause I went to Tellico for the work weekend and some wheelin. Some of our club attended, in fact one of our club members managed to roll his stretched, white CJ7 off the top of the rock pile!! little bit of damage, but nothing real bad. Just funny to see on video!!/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Clay

4. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I was there but didn't think that it was as good as 2 years ago. There were alot of cool real world trucks but there were also a few assmunches with trailer queens that had 2 or more stacked blocks in the rear with 40" custom springs in front. The guy that had the black Z71 overheard me saying that those 40" springs probaly ride like a covered wagon and was very quick t tell me that it rides like Caddy /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif. It was nice to check out some propane conversions /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. I didn't see a singe 49" IROK or even a military Micellin /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a military Micellin

[/ QUOTE ]

there was an s-10 bodied rig in the far grass lot with 50 some inch michelin XZL's

6. trollporter

I saw that thing down @ gate 2. No drive shafts and no heads on the engine. Why even bring it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

Try the Tater Skins @ Charlie T's /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif.

7. bigcountryk5

[ QUOTE ]
    I saw that thing down @ gate 2. No drive shafts and no heads on the engine. Why even bring it .

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif either
    [ QUOTE ]
    Try the Tater Skins @ Charlie T's .

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie T's rocks i love that place damn now i want some wings too. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

was your buddies jeep called Pale horse or something along those lines ? I saw one that rolled onto it's side,not much damadge too it though.

9. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

I agree it was fun,but it wasn't as good as it has been in the past. I know the Z71 your talking about I've seen it the past couple of years. could you imagine taking that thing up a hill sideways ??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You should have told him a caddy would probally perform better off road (if he even knows what that term means)
    I geuss I missed the s10 with 50 something size tires, but I thought for sure I would see some 49" irocks....not a one.

10. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah thats it, Pale White Horse II. got some bright orange stuff on it!! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif Must be that "Jeep" thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Clay

11. trollporter

Did anybody see the 10 door 'burban on 44" Boggers. Why drop 60+ grand in something like that and run a 10b front? But hea it was powdercoated! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

bigcountryk5: Where around Greenville do you live?

12. bigcountryk5

east side betwixt hudson rd. and east north street. I'm in the same neighborhood as that big Pavilion ice skating/tennis place if that helps.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. trollporter

How far are you from Star?

14. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

missed the 10 door burb , rolling on a 10 bolt with 44's. Just curious where they the truxus tires ? Seems like that was what the majority of the show quens were running. I hear that they are only good for the street, I will admit MY truck was a FORMER show truck that never even saw dirt. I am in the processs of changing it over to a REAL WORLD 4 WD.The day after the show my son & I took it BIG TIME MUD BOGGIN.

15. bigcountryk5

[ QUOTE ]
    How far are you from Star?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't rightly know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif where is star /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif?

16. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

PICS! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif