Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aneone else think Englishtown sucked.....

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by 84CUCV, Apr 19, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

From the word go my weekend was a screwed up. Nothing went right, but when I did get there I didn’t find to much good stuff at all. I picked up street tiers till I get my tsls. Pissed I didn’t get to meet any of you either. I waited on people that was a bad idea. How did you guys make out?? hope you did better then me.

mike

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

uneventful... we didn't find much.. it goes that way sometimes there.. the only thing we bought was Toms buddy Rob found a softtop for his Blazer for $150.. i didn't buy chit.. :o

3. 84CUCV

Top for 150. thats seams pretty good. One guy i was talking with said ebay messed up how the swap meet goes.

mike

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, i can see how auctions may affect some of it overall.. sellers thinking they can get x for something on Ebay, then having higher prices... same for buyers, thinking why pay x for something when i can get it cheaper on Ebay..

i don't know... seemed kinda the same as usual.. some deals... some real good deals.. some wanting way too much for crap... etc..

my buddy is an example.. he had a red 71 olds convertible 442 clone in the car coral with a tag of 20 g's... hes freakin nuts.. only an idiot would have given him that.. cars worth 1/2 that.. but thats what some peeps count on, idiots..

its a crapshoot.. some years i've found a ton of stuff... other years, nothing... always good for picking up those odd tool type items...

5. 84CUCV

I know what you mean i was just thinking there would be more there to help with the k5.

mike

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well this was my first time ther i got a inbed platic truck box for $10 i plan on putting it behind the rear seat for towstraps and junk and a pack of gloves and a mag 90 for fabing but it was just ok i will go back next year but i only live 15 min from ther

7. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

I went down bright and early sunday morning, i also thought it sucked this year and ebay has definatly put damper on things.Everyone wants top dollar for a pile of crap.

8. 84CUCV

I see why ebay is so good. i just found a lot of what i need,

mike