Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

angle of 3/4 ton rear axle.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bobby Jennings, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Bobby Jennings

Bobby Jennings Registered Member

trying to find if anyone knows any degree angles for a ten inch lift for my rear 14bff axle. perches off and ready to weld on my new perches. leafs will settle i was told atleast an inch and a half. any suggestions will help in this project. thanks in advance.

2. JNygard

JNygard Registered Member

With that much lift your going to want to run a CV drive shaft. So you will need to point the pinion directly toward the transfercase output, so your driveshaft has 0 degree angle with the pinion on the rearend. Of coarse with all the weight on the springs. You can adjust later with shims if/when the springs sag.

3. Bobby Jennings

Bobby Jennings Registered Member

cv rear axle.

i of course will run a cv axle in the front but i never thought of one in the rear. someone was saying i might have to clock my transfer case for the front. thanks for the info, this site is awsome.

4. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 12" Superlift in my K5, and have a CV shaft for the rear. I also have 6 degree shims along with the tapered lift blocks to get rid of the vibrations.

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You may be able to get away with running a regular driveshaft in the back, although 12" is pushing it. Getting your angles equal at the t-case and the diff is extremely important. Here's how I did mine- I installed everything with the the stock perches in place. I made lots of measurements and figured the difference in degrees that the new perches would need to be welded on to match the t-case angle. In my case, it was about 23 degrees on both sides IIRC and my truck has zero vibes from the driveshaft. It's really just a lot of trial and error and I was fortunate enough to get it right the first time. Keep in mind, your probably gonna have to run 1410's at both ends= more $. If you haven't checked out the driveshaft 101, give it a shot. Good luck!