Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

angled back ram horn manifolds work on 73-up 4x4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Jun 1, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Mar 5, 2001
    an 81 3/4 ton 4x4 came by here yesterday and it has a ring blow by issue and i checked itr all out and noticed that the truck has ram horns exhaust manifolds on it and it has 14 bolt FF under it, the manifolds are the angled back variety and they fit nicely, so now i know for sure they work great, and i didnt nkow that 81 still had the 14 bolt FF under the 3.4 tons, apparently 81 was last year for them, i thought it was 80

the engine in it runs good(cobbled together older 350) but the oil use issue and crankcase gases pressure issues, hmm.. took him eight quarts to get here 40 miles away but isnt really leaking externally or burning any either, no blue smoke or oil in pipes, but it was pushing oil all over the engine compertment before he had new gaskets put on covers and intake
    he may be a member and i dont know it, but i doubt it, he is in Decatur IL, anyone from there on here ?