Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Angled Plug Heads ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lifethroughdeath, Apr 27, 2003.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

i've FINALLY rounded up enough cash to replace my rusted out, worn out, tired old stock exhaust system on my 90' K5 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, and i've already got everything i need, i.e. muffler, cats, pipe, etc... but in looking for headers i've found what i want, but they say they will not fit with angle plug heads and i have no f*cking clue what that means!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif like i said my truck is a 1990 K5, 4x4 350 700r4. pretty much everything is stock as im the second owner (first was a chick) and i've only had it for a few months now. so if you guys could explain what that means, or if i have it or what, it'd be great, thanks alot /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    nate /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. KShortell

KShortell Registered Member

They might be referring to the spark plug wires with an angled spark plug boot. They might require that all cylinders use the straight-boot plug wire design.

Hope this helps...

Kevin
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

dude. angled plugs refur to "camel back" or "camel hump" small block heaDS. these cyilender heads are a 2:02/ 1:60 confugration and were avalible on chevelles, corvettes, camaros... etc... but what makes these heads perform is the spark plug holes are drilled and tapped on an angle for more compltete spark burn. your header problem may refer to these style heads. which you dont have so NO you wont have a problem installing them.