Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANGRY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT DECISION?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Jun 27, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ANGRY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT DECISION?
    Angry that the Pledge of Allegiance is now considered unconstitutional
    in schools?? Call the judge panel who made this RIDICULOUS
    decision and leave them your WORD!!! (415)-556-9800
    *Thanks for the number "Fox News Channel"*

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the People's Republik of Kalifornia. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's actually not the Supreme Court though that made this decision... it's the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals......

BTW when calling don't be rude... because it only looks bad on you. Not to mention if you make a threat there's a good chance that it can be traced back to you. Making threats to judges is a bad idea...

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Ya know what? I'm not angry, I'm not surprised either. I am a little dumbfounded though. I understand what this country is about. We're allowed to express ourselfs and our beliefs, and opinions. It's a way of life we all hold dear.
    Apparently the Judges that ruled on this are very very liberal and have a huge record of being overruled when the appeals come around. As a matter of fact I think I read it was already overturned by the Supreme Court???? I was reading the newspaper and looking at our football playback between paragraphs /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I wasn't aware that the "One nation under God" was added in 1954 tho! I heard one guy on the radio suggest that that part be put in ( )'s so if you wanna say it or not, it's up to you. I wonder though, will this guy want special money that doesn't have IN GOD WE TRUST written on it? I bet if you walked up to this guy and offered him a twenty he'd accept it. I think it's a shameless publicity stunt.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

just so everyone knows this is not from me i just saw it and saw how pissed some people were about it and thought i would pass it on all i did was cut and past /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i agree with the whole waste of time deal.Its stupid.My thing is if you dont believe in it or you dont feel you should say it then dont.no one is stopping you.It shouldnt be a forced rule, but everyone who does believe in it and takes pride in it should be alowed to say it just as is.Hell if they dont believe in it i wouldnt want to hear them say it anyways.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I always felt like a little NAZI at a Hitler youth convention when I was told I had to say it...LOL I also hated it when I had to start the pledge. I'm a bumbling idiot in a public forum, haha , you guy's can't see me speak on here... oh wait... Yep I'm still an idiot , just a cyber idiot.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif * fumes throwing more fuel on* /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif