Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Angry lunch lady.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Jun 26, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

WTF is wrong with some people.... where I work for summer school (it's a pre kinder camp to teach them the basics before fall), we walk the kids down to the caferteria eat a crappy lunch, prepared by these ladies, one of who is the mega witch of the west caost. It's not even like they actually have to work to get the stuff together. Today they were premade packaged pb&j sammiches, milk, apples and applesauce.... they did actually have to put the apple sauce in some cups, so I suppose that was some work....

Anyhow, it's 95 outside, the drinking fountain in our room doesn't work, and the outside one is so low, I literally have to get on my knees to be low enough to use it, even then it doesn't work for crap. I was very hot, and very thirsty, so I grabbed a milk and drank it. The witch lady had a fit and went off on me. Saying stuff like we'll lose our funding, it's for the kids, not for the staff, you are going to get us in trouble... ok, so I won't drink a milk anymore, sorry.

It doesn't stop there, she called my boss and flat out lied to her. Said I took the milk, she asked me to have it back, I told her to screw off, tried to shove her, and drank it anyhow. Why would someone do that? She waited until I went to the restroom to approach me outside. I know she did this since we'd be alone, and she could say whatever, and how could I disprove it. Then when I was outside with a group of kids, she also walked down the teacher I am working with and told her I stole some apples and she wanted them back. Another lie. She has issues, and now she is probably going to make them for me. I had two other staffers tell me to watch out for her, she picks people to go after. One black lady I work with told me that the milk queen is racist (she is black). She said that I need to watch out for this, because she'll use it against me. She also said she is already telling people some really crappy things about me (that I called her the n word after work when I was leaving and she was walking to her car).

I dunno wtf to do here? I see her daily. I have 5 more weeks there. I can ignore her, and stay away, but she is lying to people about me, and making me look bad. I'm very frustrated. My boss already called me today concerned over this. She said she believes me, but I think she doesn't, because why would she call me and be lilke, well.... I know you don't do that type of thing....but..... in the future make sure you don't do it again. In my 5 years as a district employee I have never had one person complain about me. In fact, 3 years ago, I was nominated for outstanding service. I have plenty of backing to prove I am not like she says. My supervisor gave me an above average review a few months ago, and told I was the favorite family service worker they had. It worries me though.... what should I do? Even with all this good stuff, I can see me losing ground here quickly over this... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Carry a camcorder around and make a doccumentary about your encounters with the person, show it to boss, to disprove accusations...

A chunk of 2x4 with one end machined down to fit your hands or a baseball bat should work pretty well also...

Another alternative is to use some information against her and start spreading various bits of information to people about her as well... You could do something subtle too, like make a cardboard sign and write on it "Warning, the milk nazi says 'No milk for you...'" or some such thing... Cartoons also work... Variations of those items have been used by me in the past to get a point across... I'm sure it's harder to use in a place where there's kids instead of in a nice union shop populated only by at least partially mature adults... haha

Whatever happens, keep in mind, you are now at war... Don't bother with a truce, don't stop until this individual is out of there. And make sure you don't do it in such a way that it's provable you did it... Perhaps hit her with a defamation of character suit, or some such thing...

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what i would do is wright down what has happened in detail and give it to a supervisor and make sure you keep copies of all reports about this you submit. she is going to all these people why cant you go to more and let them know what she is doing? if you feel like your supervisor don't believe you or wont do anything about it go over there head with it

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Its time for broom the coo........ /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif oh wait, prolly not a good idea outside the sticks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    But seriously, keep a log, and maybe a casette recorder would be a good thing to hide on you.

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Whata <font color="red">BITCH</font>

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I say punch her lights out! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Nah, I agree with keeping a log of everything that happens... you might also want to note any witnesses. I would also try to make it a point to avoid any interaction with her unless someone else is present.

Good luck. It sucks when someone's gunnin' for ya /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

I am going to do just that, and document this in great detail, and ask the other people who I spoke too about her if I can tell my boss about what they said if need be. Otherwise I plan to ignore her. If I have to have an encounter with her, I will make sure others are around, and I am polite to her. It made me sick all afternoon to think she would go out of her way to lie about me. I mean, cripes, why would I risk my job over some milk? I guess some people just like to be jerks, and I met one today. Hopefully I can steer clear of her. If not, then I will buy a tape recorder to cover myself, because I don't want to made out to look like a big turd, when I haven't been anything but nice to her... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

A tiny tape recorder, stashed somewhere on You, will help alot. Also eye witness's. ear witness's, and document everything the "Hag" say's to You. After a week or two, turn all the info over to Your Supervisor, and start gathering it again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I agree with the others here who recommend keeping things down on paper. Not just a log, but in communications to your boss. I would even go so far as to note the circumstances in a letter to the district superintendent and district board of education. I am a Trustee for the school board of my son's school and It's amazing how often I hear of problems that occur that never got the attention of the board. At that point it is basically a he said, she said thing. One persons word against another. Why? Because it is never documented. When the board and/or superintendent get a letter, action is taken. If you document and report this, some kind of action will be taken. It may be small now, but if EVERYONE were to write and complain about this woman, she would not have a job for long. A paper trail is a good thing.

10. ChevyCaGal

Our superintendent just resigned (he'll be around for most of the summer), but I know a lady who works with him. Until he's gone, I have a connection there.... so if she really does want to be a jerk to me, I can go talk to her. She's known me since I was 12, so I think it'd be safe to assume she'd know me well enough to side with me.... if she did that, then he'd believe her, so I would be safe...

11. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

She's probably such a pain in everyones a$$ that most of what she says is disregarded....

Documentation is good too....

12. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Ask around if anyone else has had a problem with her and then document it. Or you could put some nails under her tires so she has a hard time getting to work.