Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

:angryfire:Murphy's Law Strikes Again :angryfire:

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5on38s, Dec 30, 2002.

1. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

:angryfire:Murphy\'s Law Strikes Again :angryfire:

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifMurphy's Law Strikes Again /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible time"

And it did, as I was sliding the axle under my truck I noticed that the spring pearches didnt quite look like they where gonna line up w/ the springs. But I was prayin they would so I kept slipin it, and as I got it under the springs it was obvious they where 3"- 4" off. SO NOW I have to take the axle BACK TO THEM....witch is about 30-45 minutes away!!....but before I do that, I have to load it back truck (and for anyone who's delt w/ a 14bolt rear, you know that you would rather be hung be your testicals than have to lift that thing 2" off the ground MUCH LESS have to lift it a few feet up to put it in a pick up truck) WTF. Atleast they are relocating the pearches for me for free....Really NOT COoL

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: :angryfire:Murphy\'s Law Strikes Again :angryfire:

Quitcherbitchin and relocate the perches /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. K5on38s

i dont care about the pearches, they're (the place i bought it from)doin it for free im just venting that my scrawny little white ass has to drop a nut lifting that big bastard in the truck...lol
    i just needed to vent

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Bo

5. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,

Do you know anyone with a eng. hoist?If so,that might be a little easier on your "scrawny little white ass". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. K5on38s

yea but he's outta town lol.....great timing eh!? lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

did you pick your nut back up?I hate when I drop those things!!there heavy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like that axle came out of a 1-ton truck. Take a look at the shock mount brackets on the axle as well. I'll bet you'll find that they are both on the wrong side of the axle. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Compare them with your old axle to be sure. If so, get them to fix that for you as well. A 14-bolt FF from a 3/4-ton truck is a direct fit, but from a 1-ton you have to make some changes. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And yes, a 14-bolt is freakin' heavy! I just installed one in my Suburban a few weeks ago by myself. Definitely need to eat your Wheaties before starting that job! BTW, with the drums installed it only weighs about 525 lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Oh yeah, I've found that cowboy boots will catch the occasional nut that happens to roll down your pants leg!

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Yep its a heavy sucker, hurts like hell. I loaded my Dana 60 by myself, took it to a buds house, we put the Detroit in it and when I got it home I unloaded it and put it under my K5 by myself. This is in a grass backyard, no concrete driveway here. It did take me 3 hours to get it off the truck and under the K5.

That SUCKED!!!

Depdog

12. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

boy! do know how heavy they are!! I just bought a pair of axels and I only have my 1 blazer on the road now. I couldn't get my buddy to help me with his truck, and the guy I bought them from was starting to be a dick. I dropped my plow blade off and went over with chains and straps. wrapped the chains around axel and used the plows lift to pick it up and then used my tie down straps and strapped to my plow frame!! made it home. but good luck with the pearches. go ahead and vent. I am gonna today.

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I know what you are talking about.
    I am getting ready to work with my 1.5 ton axles and I am really not looking forward to handling them although I have a chery picker, it's not going to be easy.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

well, I have the axles out the drum are off(disks will be put back on in there place), the hubs are off and I can move it around with the wife....I'm going to hang it on the truck with all the parts off as its about 180lbs.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...I am smarter then the 14bolt.../forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif...I am smarter then the 14bolt... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I thought of the same tactics for my axles, I have a removable third member and drums so that should make it easier to handle.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. K5on38s

Ok well i got the axle fixed. I used the old "rubber band around the pantleg" trick, this waay my balls didnt get dirty rollin on the ground