Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Annapolis Isabel pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jac6695, Sep 23, 2003.

1. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Just got back from Annapolis, MD where I was lucky enough to fly into town in time to experience Isabel. Most of these pics are from downtown or nearby in the neighborhood I used to live in.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry for the small pics. I still don't know how to post them bigger. Some of my family and friends (who live about 15 miles south of Annapolis) are still without electricity. I am glad I was able to be there (if only by chance). It was something I will probably never able to see again.

2. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i was lucky enough to not lose power, but i know even today there were still spots on my commute where the power was out....a 100 mile a day commute sucks, but it really sucks when the stoplights arent working, everyone trying to go at once, the poor police are spending more time directing traffic than anything else....
    the day after was terrible, no lights in olney, clarksville, elkridge, etc etc etc...doubled the time of my commute, but i had power at home so i felt lucky...
    tons of power company workers from PA up to maine were in town trying to get everything working, i even heard there was a crew from colorado over here helping out!!