Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANNOYING GHETTO SIGNATURES

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Aug 1, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

what's with all these signatures now taking 4 fawkin inches of the screen? are you people afraid that someone ISNT going to ever click on your webshot album and see your rig? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif are you the folks that drive a rig with every gizmo possible bolted on it, and now must bolt all pics to your signature therefore looking like a redneck hit the lottery? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    C'mon folks, STOP MAKING ME SCROLL SO MUCH /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    YOUR SIGS ARE BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE RICER SPOILERS, " WHO'S GOT THE BIGGEST " [​IMG]

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I was just about to make a post about the Ghetto... ooooo freaky. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Slow day at the complaint factory?/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

wake up on the wrong side of the bed today /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

It's not really the scrolling that's bad, it's that for the people on dial-up (especially 28K) the embedded images make the pages load sloooow as CRAP!

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It's not really the scrolling that's bad, it's that for the people on dial-up (especially 28K) the embedded images make the pages load sloooow as CRAP!

[/ QUOTE ] Well, if your still on 28K, you've got more problems too deal with speed wise like a very slow computer anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Hoooooold on... [jab] Seems to me the term 'ghetto signatures' applies better to those who quote themselves. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/jab]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Before I got cable out here, the fastest speed we could get on dial-up was 24.4K, because we're so far out in the boonies and our lines are so old. It had nothing to do with the computer or modem. Thank God for cable!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'm at work, with a cable modem, and a P4 2.4 Ghz system running a gig of ram, and this site loads slow... I pin a good chunk on the signatures, especialy with the large imbeded images and whatnot. I've long since removed my sig pictures, because I don't really want to be a part of the problem. over on my other forums, we have a rule about signatures: once per post. as much as I enjoy seeing the same witty remark over and over and over, or that really cool GIF file loaded at the end of a 4 word reply continualy, I think I'd rather have pages load faster. of course, we also have the option to turn sig files off directly in the post ( off by default) and people who cotinualy spam thier signatures have steep consequences to face ( sig file changed to something horrendous, then locking the offenders into the flames section for a week... then, banning if they continue doing it) of course, we've been called nazi pig a$$holes more than a few times before.

-Ddragggon

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, too bad there isn't a per-post option for your sig on these forums. I'd opt out most of the time. A sig LINE is just that, a line..not 4 lines or a God-awful huge pic (don't take it personally Rich). Having a pic in your sig defeats the purpose of avatars.

11. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Slow day at the complaint factory?/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    no /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i just happened to hit 2 threads in a row this morning that 1/2 of the posters had sigs the size of mudhogs, the freakin page took forever to load /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and the sigs all had pics of thier rigs, as if the avitar isnt enough.

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey at-least my sig pic isn't of my rig /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, too bad there isn't a per-post option for your sig on these forums. I'd opt out most of the time. A sig LINE is just that, a line..not 4 lines or a God-awful huge pic (don't take it personally Rich). Having a pic in your sig defeats the purpose of avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]TAKE IT PERSONALY? damn strait I plan on taking it personaly! gonna hunt you down, and murder you with a pointy stick, sharpened by running it along the sidewalk while cruising around on my totaly awesome 2 wheeler.

-Ddragggon

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    hey at-least my sig pic isn't of my rig /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I suppose the point is valid...I just take the lack of site speed to be normal now, even on cable./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

rene

16. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    I suppose the point is valid...I just take the lack of site speed to be normal now, even on cable./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    i wasnt trying to open the complaint dept. Rene, (notice the smilies) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just an observation..

17. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

know what's worse than HUGE sigs? subjects in all CAPS.. lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

owned

19. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    owned

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif he be yo beotch now? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, if your still on 28K, you've got more problems too deal with speed wise like a very slow computer anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. Computer speed might not have anything to do with it. I'm stuck out here with diirty phone lines running a 56K modem as there is no real broadband available, and I dial in at 24K. Phone lines my friend, phone lines....suck! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif