Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Annoying puter problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Jan 23, 2002.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Our daughter claims she never touched anything...but now any web page we go to just shows the desktop wallpaper surrounded by the browser task bars until you maximize the page. As soon as you maximize everything works fine.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'ts annoying me...mostly cuz I don't know how to fix it[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

does it show a snapshot of the wallpaper, or just what portion of it that the window is occupying (like you're seeing through the window to the desktop)?

I know IE6 has a "Restore Defaults" button on the Advanced Tab of "internet Options", I don't remember where that is in other versions of Internet explorer (probably the same place).

Is it when you hit the Full Screen feature, or just when you maximize from a smaller window that the page returns?

I don't know of any settings that change between states (maximized or restored), but I certainly could be wrong.

Hope that is even slightly helpful!!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Reboot?

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

first questions out of the techs' mouth over here is, "Do you have an antivirus program and when was it last updated. And when was the last time you ran windows update?"

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

5. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

did you fix your computer problem? antivirus is a good thing to look at but it coul be you are running out of resources. somtimes you get alot of apps running in the background that really bog the system down. go to task manager and see how much stuff is running that you do not need. to check your resources go to system properties window and take a look. if you are still having problems and want to try to fix them let me know. I am a hardware support analyst for Compucom, corperate hq is down ther in Dallas texas. and a config center in Paulsboro NJ. anyway let me know if i can help

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

OK, I got it fixed. I used the restore feature, I just picked the settings saved from a week ago and it works like normal now.

Thanks for all the advice!!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I hate it when that happens...