Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Annoying Vendor Habits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 6, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well I ordered my drive flanges for my 60 yesterday. The guy was cool, gave me some long story about why he charges what he does(which I think is a good price and was by no means arguing it with him), and said he'd call me back with the tracking number as soon as he set it up. Well that was yesterday around 5PM EST. I just can't stand when vendors have a big lack of communication. Ones that don't respond to emails or calls, don't get my business. I was considering a couple steering arm options, but after some time, Trevor at WFO responded to my email yesterday in less then 12 hours. He's almost certainly getting my business.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'd give "him" a fair chance on the tracking number. Since it was 5:00 est he probably wont even box your parts until today. To compare to WFO's 12 hour response might not be fair since this guys 12 hours would have been over night. If he had the stuff in stock and promised prompt shipment I would think a tracking number by the end of today would be fair.

Also, some companies wait to package all their shipments at a certain time of day. I know when I worked at a dealer stuff was coming in all morning so out going stuff wasn't boxed/labled/etc until mid afternoon.

Just my stinky .02 :thumb:

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Why don't you just demand that he e-mails your parts to you, then you will have the mostest fastest service in the galaxy. I say give the guy a little time; I'm sure he has other people to take of too.

This reminds me though... I asked a vendor on here about some bushings over a month ago... still no response... maybe I should PM him again...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm not real worried about the guy with the flanges. I know he could still be working on it as of right now(though he said he was off to box it up and get it sent out as soon as he got off the phone with me). It was just the thing that tripped my making this post. For all I know the flanges are halfway here already.

I've talked to vendors recently who have taken quite a few days(at least) to respond to emails, or just didn't respond at all. Even to the point of responding to one in a decent timeframe, then saying they will get back to me, and never hearing from them again. One guy months ago was suppossed to call me back about H2 beadlock rings, he took my info and all, never have heard from him. I know I could follow up, but I really think its the job of the person who wants my business to contact me. There are plenty of places that do it, and I have a very good opinion of them for it.

This is more about the companies that take weeks or just never get back to you. I guess in some cases they get sick of emails, they probably get many a day from people who won't ever buy a thing. But if I learned anything in my business class, its that you have to treat everyone like a potential sale, even if you are certain they won't be.

Dan at Bluetorch is my best example of a good vendor. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with him about different things, and I've only ever spent pocket change with him(compared to what I'm sure he gets for building full buggies and jeeps). I went back to him time after time because of that excellent treatment.

5. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

In my experience Trevor is more the exception than the rule. In a lot of ways! :D
    I wonder if he got together with that cutie bar tender at Doc's retirement party?