Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another 14 bolt, disc brake changover question!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jwduke, Sep 8, 2003.

1. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I've seen, other 14 bolt, caliper brackets, that have spacers between the axle housing & the caliper bracket. Do I need these? If so, how thick are they? Thanks..........

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Yes, you need those. They locate the bracket in the correct location so the caliper is on the rotor.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Some brackets have spacers that are 13/16" and some have 3/4". Those measurements are close enough since the calipers move on the bracket. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I'd be lost with out the advice & help of the guys & gals, on CK5!!!

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Sure thing, man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

My suggestion, get the ones that come with the brackets you buy.... Different spacers for different thickness of brackets. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My suggestion, get the ones that come with the brackets you buy.... Different spacers for different thickness of brackets. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought these brackets from someone on CK5, and they were not included. Nice, huh?

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you bought them from the wrong guy if you ask me! I've bout three sets off this site and have been very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of them all! I have sets I prefer, and some I don't.... But again, there's like 5-6 people making these, so there's probably a chance you got them cheaper than I did! (But mine came with solid spacers!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

It was $80, I've seen cheaper ones on Ebay. But, oh well, thats what happens when you trust "some" people! 99.9% of the guys here are great! Just that .01% that isn't!

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So the person you bought them from can't or won't provide the spacers? That's kinda bogus... </font>

11. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

He told me Shaggy I was on my own for the spacers. I e-mailed Sean @ AZ kicking 4 wheel supply, and he is going to throw some in, with the stuff I ordered! I think this is way cool!

12. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got taken care of.... Next time, All I suggest is that you clarify what you are buying before you buy, that's all... Sorry to hear that you got screwed! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif