Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another 94 grand am, pop on sharp curves, and bubbly trans fluid

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by R72K5, Apr 21, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

another 94 grand am, one i am driving borrowing right now and probably going to buy sometime this year when she gets a new car, i put a brand new napa 2.3L quad four engine in the car about 3.5 years ago and a new rack and pinion also
    the car make a pop! noise under the front when you take a sharp curve kinda fast, but it doesn do it on turns normal speed or when backing up when turnig like a half shaft worn out does

also the trans fluid is bubbly, not horribly, but probably about 20 or 25 bubbles on the stick and the fluid levle on stick you cannot tell where its at its just all over the stick, fluid not foamy, just a bunch of bubble,s trans runs excellent noo slow shifts or delays or anything liek that, it shifts perfectly. and it is not dark or burn smell at all

what do you think ?

thanks for anything

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

all the ball joints and tie rods ends good?

you may wanna try changing the tranny fluid. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well see i have no idea on condition of the rod ends and joints, i checked the rod ends as best as i could and they have no play in them at all, are real tight, so hmm,

tranny fluid really doesnt look like its old enough to change, its really not dirty or anything, no black, no bad smell, so hmm..

the car just runs badass, has great power for just a 2.3L and shifts/performs perfectly. more than expected from this drivetrain in this old of a car thats got 137k miles on it.

hmmm

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif