Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another afternoon of goofing off at the ORV park

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 14, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Got a few friends to go with out to the ORV park this afternoon. I took the Orange/Black Blazer out.

Had fun up until I was stupid and went driving through some deep ruts slowly in 2wd. Once I high centered, I locked it in 4 wheel, but both differentials were already sitting on solid ground. Two of the tires werent even touching bottom.

Broke a tow rope (twice) and snapped a cable. Then snapped my winch cable trying to pull it out. Had to get a ride home and drive back out in the Crew Cab, bringing a chain with. A couple tugs from the Crew cab and it was free, and we drove home as dark was setting in.

Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/25595900kToUhdEZhr
    (the bottom 12 pictures in the album).

2. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

Next time you go out give us a call we would love to meet up and go wheeling. The only people that we go out with are the heepers up in the silver valley and the only reason I go is to pull them out all the time or to beat trail for them cause they are to scared to scratch there paint. I have never been to the ORV park but have talked about going. My wife just asked if there are any trail chicks that go with you guys..The people that we wheel with are all guys and she bored pretty quick with all the (d-60..locker..lift kit) talk. Looks like you guys had fun with all the mud up there! I will see If I can get another tow strap from my buddy for ya. He gets them from the lucky friday mine in the valley. I bet my pink slip that you will never break one of these straps. They are 6" wide and over 1/2" thick. And best of all they are free! Well enuff jaw jabbin if you go out any time soon give us a call we would love to go out!
    Aaron & Rosary
    208-640-3436

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks like it was a good time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Wow, those sound like some pretty hefty straps. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Right now it's mostly guys, but yesterday my friend's wife went out with us...first time for her, since they just got married not long ago. She's from Mexico, and very soft spoken...still getting used to everything we do up here...probably thought we're all nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My other friend's wife used to go out 4 wheeling quite a bit. In fact a year ago she took their truck out and got it stuck while he was gone hunting. Since then, they had a kid, so she's toned down the adventurous-ness some. Right now, they're without a truck.

Right now, I don't have a "significant other" with me unfortunately /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif , but occasionally a couple other friends bring their girlfriend's with.

I think we all want to plan something bigger on a weekend someday...when more of us can make it out there. I'll make a post here ahead of time before we do.

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

It would be awsome to meet some people from here. Next time we go out for playing ill try to give you a call before hand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BiggerRigger

BiggerRigger Registered Member

Is this the same guy that beats on his LUV here on the board? Man thats nuts! I never would have thought that a rig could take that much punishment without busting right in half. My heeper buds up in the valley said the same thing about my rig one day at gyro days when I told them I was going to jump a creek with the jimmy. I cleared that thing with about 4ft to spare. They could not belive there own eyes when that 5000lb rig whent flying through the air and cleared that creek. Needless to say that non of them had the b@lls to try and clear it. They just drove down one side through the creek and up the other side /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Man Im stoked to get out in the hills its been awhile!
    Call me
    Aaron