Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Air compressor idea.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gzzgfw, Dec 22, 2003.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Here is another compressor idea using suspension leveling compressor from vechicles with auto leveling suspensions.

Has anybody done this, does it work for large tires.

Seems like a good idea since it is all electric!

http://www.redbirdsra.com/techtipscompressor.htm

-Mark

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I have one of those compressors in the garage, waiting for some experimentation. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Since they came on luxury cars, I'm guessing that it will be pretty quiet. But all they fed in the stock application was a couple of air shocks. That is a high pressure, low volume application. So I'm thinking it will be only slightly better than one of those noisy little compressors that plug into the cigarette lighter when it comes to inflating large tires. However, if you add a storage tank and an automatic pressure switch then it might prove to be more useful. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Those were the trick deal on the ORC toyota list about 3 years ago. Most ran at least 2 of them in parallel, some were up to 4 of them.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, I hadn't thought about running multiples. They're certainly cheap enough to get! The local pick-n-pull gets $10 or $15 each for them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif